What's the best helmet for forestry?

Stu

Hey guys

Gunna buy a new helmet soon, I've always bought the husky forestry lids but would like something with a bit more comfort ability and padding, was thinking the new protos but heard there not worth the money! It potentially might be used for a bit of climbing so one where you can take the chin strap off.

What's people opinions?

Just like boots heads are all different shapes, so try a range on, June not too far away and the arb show looms.

And the current best practise for climbing is a mountaineering style lid, so the tried and tested huski/balance lid with a chin strap would no longer be appropriate.

cheers

ps i wear a Stine

Make your own one up to suit. I use a Centurion Concept vented, nice and light. I chose high viz yellow and a reduced peak. I have an MSA type mesh visor for it, a clear visor for strimming, Howard Leight Sync ear defenders to plug into my mp3 player plus a rear cape and a chin strap if I want to use one. Total cost about £60.

ol' husky hat's never given me any probs, and i'd rather wear a tea cosy on me head than a protos ! :001_tt2: think you'll struggle to find anything more technical in ground helmets most are just hard hats with ear defender and visor attached, I know what you mean about chin straps that's why my petzl got the boot :lol: