Small chipper

Guss109

I'm now at the stage of being ready to buy a chipper I think a wee chipper will suit my needs best. So I've narrowed it down to either a cs100 as heard lots of good things about them but also giving the bandit 490xp drum chipper some thought. Has any one used the bandit if so how does it handle stuff? Any ideas on the prices?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are my short list too...Was nearly decided on the CS100 then I saw the Bandit!..30kgs heavier but 5 year warranty....I'm hoping to try both out before I decide.

Not sure how maneuverable the bandit will be for 1 man getting on and off a trailer etc.

I've not seen the size difference between them but am thinking of mounting a small 12v winch to the trailer to help load unload it. Any idea when your going to trail them? Would be interested in hearing your thoughts

I am in the same boat here, looking to get the CS100 this year, and now this one to consider.

Looking at the videos I can find I would note that the infeed shoot for the 490xp looks a fair bit shallower than the GM, and so the operator was having to push a bit more, rather than let gravity do the work.

Also the out feed looks lower and a bit messy, spraying chip like only bandits do! or at least the ones I have used.

Would be good to have an idea on prices for the 2 to compare

Yes I will have a winch on my Ifor but just thought easier just to drag off and on is quicker and less faff.

I've only just inquired about trialing both so waiting to hear. I know my local Greenmech dealer didn't have a demo model CS100 and Global Newark only have one of their left in stock!

I don't think there is a big difference in price between the two makes.

I am in the same boat here, looking to get the CS100 this year, and now this one to consider.

Looking at the videos I can find I would note that the infeed shoot for the 490xp looks a fair bit shallower than the GM, and so the operator was having to push a bit more, rather than let gravity do the work.

Also the out feed looks lower and a bit messy, spraying chip like only bandits do! or at least the ones I have used.

Would be good to have an idea on prices for the 2 to compare

Was that the Bandit chipping light weight palm branches? I did notice the chute seemed shallower.

Hired the bandit a few times great bit of kit shoots chips out nice and slow un like the bigger bandits also handles forky brash well hence why i always hire the 490.You will defo need a winch on trailer for loading unless there are two of you.There was a thread put on the other day i was reading about small chippers had prices of a few.If i never had my tw 13/75 id have the bandit or if the gm was as good that to.Gravity chippers under general chat

Edited by 54gka