Starting out with CS30 CS31

David_chainsaw

Hello David,

Ive read some of your other posts and admittedly life can be a bugger at times.

Getting into this trade even at entry level is sadly not cheap, I do wonder if there is other work you could do to help you save towards getting started?Sometimes we focus on things and actually go backwards.

A training provider should be able to supply you with a list of kit you will need to do the course. Some trainers may be able to supply both tools and PPE.

If it's a list of equipment you need for work in general, then that can be a pretty long list......... For basic felling I'd carry wedges, hammer, breaking-bar, tape, tongs, 1st aid kit (better not forget that!), fuel & oil, plug key, files (flat and round), oh - and a saw. PPE wise, you're looking at trousers, boots, helmet and gloves. Other's may take either more or less stuff with them.

thanks people and lgl i have mate try to get work where and when i can to be fair eddiegts on here to offer me work but i kept getting up late and i told him its because i didn't have a alarm clock which was one of the reasons but real reason was i was having problems sleeping and was on heavy sleeping tablets and my dad had just passed away should of told him not he might of understood then but i have tried messaging him but don't think he really wants to no and i don't blame him really anyway back on topic is there any Funding anyone knows of to get help with getting CS30-31 ? oh and a good site to get the tools from ?

PPE

Chainsaw trousers

Chainsaw boots

Climbing hat if you want to go that way or a ground hat if not.

Good pair of gloves

First aid kit (one for the truck too.)

Chainsaw

A mid size chainsaw eg550/560 or 261/362

STIHL or oregon chainsaw fuel can as they are transparent

Some STIHL HP super 2 stroke oil

Felling kit

Felling bar preferably a long one

5.5" plastic wedge

15m logging tape+spare tape refill for the truck

Timber tongs

Axe/hammer

Bigger wedges

Tools

Digital calipers

round files

flat files

file guide

combi spanner

allan keys

bar grove cleaner

good vice

marker pen

small srew driver

airline for the workshop.

Spares

Break band

spark plug

Guide bar

chains

It's a lot of kit but mot of it you need. You'll get a better idea on the course though.

thanks people and lgl i have mate try to get work where and when i can to be fair eddiegts on here did offer me work but i kept getting up late and i told him its because i didn't have a alarm clock which was one of the reasons but real reason was i was having problems sleeping and was on heavy sleeping tablets and my dad had just passed away should of told him that he might of understood then but i have tried messaging him but don't think he really wants to no and i don't blame him really anyway back on topic is there any Funding anyone knows of to get help with getting CS30-31 ? oh and a good site to get the tools from ?