Been down in the dumps but nice day today....

SteveA

Today was the first day, for some time where it's been a lovely sunny day without rain and/ or too much strong wind.

Was only when i got home that i reflected on how miserable i've been feeling, what with being indoors so much and not being able to get on with loads of jobs that need doing.

Just wondering if anyone else has been feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps with the weather? cheers, steve

Hello,

We dont like the winter, short days, cold & wet. Its been pretty terrible here the last 2 weeks so youre not alone.

I find fixing/making/doing something helps, anyway be March in two weeks time & the clocks will change soon after.

N

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today was the first day, for some time where it's been a lovely sunny day without rain and/ or too much strong wind.

Was only when i got home that i reflected on how miserable i've been feeling, what with being indoors so much and not being able to get on with loads of jobs that need doing.

Just wondering if anyone else has been feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps with the weather? cheers, steve

Been exactly the same!

I'm my happiest at work, and when I'm knackered at the end of a good days work.

There's only so much doom and gloom, jobs being put off, getting blown about/rained on! Etc a guy can take!

Was great to get out with the dogs earlier, and just enjoy the sight of sun and blue skies!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Everyone....Thanks for sharing - is really good & interesting to read everyones thoughts/ feelings across the spectrum.

Before i wrote the thread I did think about the flooded people, and yeah it is very sad to know people are going through that, and also what's been going on in other places around the world, syria, etc. My being down-in-the-dumps is completely & utterly insignificant on that scale!

It's been a lovely day today as well so life is good again. yay!! happy days!!

Got the following jobs done.....

- finished a cold frame (pallet wood/ reclaimed double glazing unit)

- moved 5 car loads full of recently fallen spruce branches (for the dead hedge base)

- moved loads of polytunnel hoops

... birds have been tweeting nicely as well. Bring on the 2014 Spring/ Summer.

p.s.... I find the full moon tries to suck my face out of the window. Freaks me out!

In same boat, depressed by weather and seems not let up. I knew it was nice today so went of to work, was the best days work since we got back from Christmas holiday. Chin up it can only get better.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Yeah was a nice day sunday. Ended up going kayaking down the upper dart (dartmoor). Jeeze! All three of us took a pasting, i faired up the best :D

Certainly took my mind off things as i was heading in to some absolutely huge waves and being flipped upside down with rocks rushing past!!

Was happy to get off the river and that beer tasted real good!!!!! :thumbup:

Yeah was a nice day sunday. Ended up going kayaking down the upper dart (dartmoor). Jeeze! All three of us took a pasting, i faired up the best :D

Certainly took my mind off things as i was heading in to some absolutely huge waves and being flipped upside down with rocks rushing past!!

Was happy to get off the river and that beer tasted real good!!!!! :thumbup:

nutter :crazy:

If you live and work in the UK . Just crack on with the work like any other day . If I worked day to day using the weather as a guide to determine whether or not I turn in or not I,d be skint . Rain is rain your skin is waterproof crack on you bunch of fairies :001_tt2: I get depressed all the time , just not over the weather as thats just way out of your control :001_tt2: and if you live in the UK you have to accept this as fact .