stress

"Your going off surfing - does it deal with the stress or merely escape it for a while? The cause is surely still there when you come back?"

I am sorry if over posting

I think it is a bit of both. I find escape, even if temporary helps put things back into perspective. I have been very stressed recently and did bail for a week. I spent a week cos thats all I could afford off work and surfed in a remote part of Africa. On coming back I felt a lot more settled. I was offered hospitality and kindness from people who had much greater hardships than me. Makes you realise whats important and whats not.

I think that this is a heavy thread too- but only in subject. By that i mean that the posts have all been very eye-opening for many of the reasons others have posted, very poignant- i can relate totally, and also in a strange way, i suppose, quite reassuring. Steve , I have been absorbing what you have been writing like a sponge; i'm booking hypno soon i reckon (i've known i needed pro help for a while now). And John, fair play and thank you for what you wrote. Huck was right in what he said.

One of the most interesting threads on arbtalk at the mo!:001_smile::001_smile:

good on you tommer, all it takes is someone to say something that will just 'click' for someone else. and it could turn their life around. i have started going out at nights climbing before my arbmeal, lol. i am enjoying climbing again. i now know why guys on here know every rope and gadget that is out there.steve asked me what kind of harness i had at capel, i said a red one,:blushing: i footlocked for the first time in my life tonight, with my new hitchclimber. awesomo. i didnt want to come back in i was enjoying it that much. when someone talks about something you can relate to its amazing, its like being a new parent, you feel so alone and crap at it, then you go out and meet other young parents and we are all in the same boat. it is so re-asuring i feel.:001_smile:

in my head you either agreed or rolled about the floor fighting, end up in jail and loose the house.

I had to double take at that post, I normally always say what I want to say but carry that mentality big time.

Just recently ive been trying to put my finger on why i think that way and how to change it but im not having much luck

I kind of thought that it was just the way i thought about things but maybe its more than that.

Been a real eye opener this thread, just by reading it has made me realise a few things about myself.

My wifes uncle commited suicide and a school friend of my did as well his wife left him and he could not take it. They both where alone stuck in a box no one to talk to. But aleast you guys are talking which will help i am sure. Good post john i wish last wednesday had been a bit longer and i could of got to know you a bit better all the best mate:001_smile:

How many who have posted on here would have spoken up if we were all in a room together? Not me I don't think, this is a pretty good place to get rid of some baggage. Well done for posting John.

My grandad committed suicide, his business was going down and I suppose his pride and shame led him to it, not wanting to let people down. He didn't talk to anyone about it. I think most of us feel a responsibility to our friends and family and running a business connects your income to your life so directly that I can see how we are perhaps more at risk than some.

Perhaps this should be a sticky thread just so people can blow off some steam now and again.

How many who have posted on here would have spoken up if we were all in a room together?

Perhaps this should be a sticky thread just so people can blow off some steam now and again.

i would tom, its all i go on about mate, i am always sending folk to my hypno guy, friends, coleagues, customers. i have never spoke to anyone about this kind of stuff who hasnt just clicked, some say" lot of rubbish i just go to the pub" they really need help i think just too scared to say, macho crap. i now have buzz words in my head, and pictures in my mind to cheer me up that mr hypno put there. it is just great. did you try my arm test??

My wifes uncle commited suicide and a school friend of my did as well his wife left him and he could not take it. They both where alone stuck in a box no one to talk to. But aleast you guys are talking which will help i am sure. Good post john i wish last wednesday had been a bit longer and i could of got to know you a bit better all the best mate:001_smile:

Thanks David, that means alot buddy! :001_smile:

I've just come back form my little country pub, I was sat there next to a lovely warm fire, and I felt calm, relaxed and content with life (first time for a very long time!) Maybe this is a turning point for me, maybe I’ve reached a crossroads – who knows??

All I know is that I was sat there with a smile on my face, a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and I was approachable (shock-horror!) Thank you Stevie for starting this thread – who’d have thought that talking about ones problems on the internet could possibly be life-changing.

God bless you Mr Bullman. :001_smile:

We are constantly barraged with information on health and safety issues, yet our mental health is equally important, yet barely warrants a mention. If your head is not in the right place, then you cannot expect to do your job properly or well. I think this is a very important thread for this reason. I, for one, have learned more following this thread, than I learned in a life-time

Well I was stressed out for years, clients, staff, competition, finance, you name it! jacked the lot in last year, these days I do what I want when I want..........

Today I'm off fishing to my regular spot, the most unaccessible ''no key no access'' bit of shoreline on the East Anglian coast, I'll be there most probably on my own, with only the seals, birds and porpoises for company life's too short for stress....

13.jpg.0edf7a67e66e7dc8c06dd87f4a2ced38.jpg

3.jpg.bdbd18e6a981e4adeac5c7dace791c89.jpg

1.jpg.4f89d86d10b3cb147e27ebc5e892c257.jpg

Edited by Lee Winger

Well I was stressed out for years, clients, staff, competition, finance, you name it! jacked the lot in last year, these days I do what I want when I want..........

Today I'm off fishing to my regular spot, the most unaccessible ''no key no access'' bit of shoreline on the East Anglian coast, I'll be there most probably on my own, with only the seals, birds and porpoises for company life's too short for stress....

It looks a wee bit dreaky for my tastes, but I know you're gonna have a grand day out Lee.

Enjoy