stress

Just now, bigtreedon said:

I relate to this 100% Is there any solution than just been up a tree every day ? I've had the day off today instead of enjoying the day I just cant help feeling if I was working I'd be in a better mood

Today I've been out on my MTB with a mate, did 25miles off road up in the dales, pub lunch and a couple of pints, great cardio, feeling good and ready for the week ahead ?

• Like 6

On a visit to Amsterdam, a mate bought me some cake from a coffee shop.

I waited until my wife and kids were on holiday before a tried it.

Now being 63kg, I should have perhaps eaten just a third not the whole slice.

Anyway...

For several days afterwards, I had a feeling of utter calm.

It felt as though I had awoken from a particularly refreshing sleep, showered in cool Irish rain on the Dingle, not a care in the world, a complete absence of stress.

Yes, getting stoned was fun but that feeling I had afterwards, that is what I want every day of my life.

Stuart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty Korrigan said:

On a visit to Amsterdam, a mate bought me some cake from a coffee shop.

I waited until my wife and kids were on holiday before a tried it.

Now being 63kg, I should have perhaps eaten just a third not the whole slice.

Anyway...

For several days afterwards, I had a feeling of utter calm.

It felt as though I had awoken from a particularly refreshing sleep, showered in cool Irish rain on the Dingle, not a care in the world, a complete absence of stress.

Yes, getting stoned was fun but that feeling I had afterwards, that is what I want every day of my life.

Stuart

not sure if puff is known for its benefits to mental health!!! does sound nice mind :)

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Could have been the space cake was also rich in cbd oil, the non - hallucinogenic calming cannabinoid? I've never tried it, but people do rave about it. Supposed to sooth the mind without getting you high..

So... I sent off for some CBD oil from Holland but I've been lacking the discipline to take it effectively.

Stuart

15674528508061107864834805114072.jpg

• 5 months later...

I think learning a new skill can massively help with stress.

I used to be involved in martial arts as a kid, kick boxing etc.  Two years ago I picked the Kboxing back up but also started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I love it, its so complex and difficult but fun at the same time and amazing for you fitness and core strength which helps in this industry.  Going sparring after a stressfull week is great too as its grappling so your not risking CTE etc, plus no black eyes lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harvey2018 said:

I used to be involved in martial arts as a kid, kick boxing etc.  Two years ago I picked the Kboxing back up but also started Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and I love it, its so complex and difficult but fun at the same time and amazing for you fitness and core strength which helps in this industry.  Going sparring after a stressfull week is great too as its grappling so your not risking CTE etc, plus no black eyes lol

If you like the chinese stuff like jitsu  kung fu try out origami  ?

Edited by topchippyles

1 hour ago, Harvey2018 said:

I would agree 100%.  I have trained Muay Thai since the mid 90’s and did BJJ for a few years since I moved to Norway.  Nothing better IMO than a sparring session at the end of the week to reduce stress.

As for the BJJ being safer, I am still sporting a sore knee I picked up when I twisted it grappling.  That was about 2 years ago.  Other than that, learning a new skill, especially MA is akin to water and a sponge.

I try and soak up as much as possible.