stress

Had a lot of pressure at the moment, son's been into hospital again and taken a while to bounce back, school is making things difficult with him and his diet so having to fight them a bit, having to go vat registered and back date it as didn't realise I'd crossed the line, pressure to finish some ongoing contracts that the weather isn't help with but overall actually feeling quite positive at the moment that thing are going in the rite direction be it hard work doing so.

Hope your son improves soon.

It's cr** when you have to fight with the school. My son has Aspergers not health thrusting at all but he needs a lot of support and making the school keep its promises is hard work!!

So many of my tree worker friends are struggling at the moment, they're putting a brave face on it trying to compete with the lunatics pricing work for peanuts.

Trying to maintain a thousand quid float in their company accounts is a reality for them.

Whoever said running a sole trader tree work company was easy?

• Thanks 1

Hope your son improves soon.

It's cr** when you have to fight with the school. My son has Aspergers not health thrusting at all but he needs a lot of support and making the school keep its promises is hard work!!

His is life long genetic defect which effects what his body can process so we have to be very careful with his protein intake but because for the most part he's a normal 5year old which seems to make them forget his care plan and I'm getting a bit fed up with having to fight them.

It was supposed to say my sons condition is not life threatening!

Hopefully your lads thing can be kept in check with the diet?

It's extra stress though to go with running the business.

My son can be a proper pain in the bum but it's not going to physically hurt him. But again phone calls from school saying he has flipped are not helpful. They are few and far between now. But again not really complaining as he is what he is and we love him as such!!

Does make you realise that life is too short to get too worried about work.

A lad at my boys school had a stroke in the car waiting to pick him up last week. Thankfully no lasting damage as far as they can tell he is only 48.

Sorry to hear of your troubles guys, it must be very hard to bite your tongue when it comes to your kids!

That's the problem Stephen, when it comes to my kids I don't bite my tongue and can realy let fly so am often given a good talking too by the wife before things such as parents evenings.

Apparently I can be incredibly rude while still being charming and polite so they really don't know how to take it.

It was supposed to say my sons condition is not life threatening!

Hopefully your lads thing can be kept in check with the diet?

It's extra stress though to go with running the business.

My son can be a proper pain in the bum but it's not going to physically hurt him. But again phone calls from school saying he has flipped are not helpful. They are few and far between now. But again not really complaining as he is what he is and we love him as such!!

Does make you realise that life is too short to get too worried about work.

A lad at my boys school had a stroke in the car waiting to pick him up last week. Thankfully no lasting damage as far as they can tell he is only 48.

Still hard if he's having a bad patch I guess as emotional things can be just as hard if not harder to handle and identify than physical.

Diet and medicine keep him stable for the most part but things get a little complicated if he gets ill from something else which can often results in an overnight in hospital to monitor his blood ammonia levels.

Now-a-days I make sure the lads are aware of a few drop onto jobs for regular clients just incase I have to dash off or don't make it in at any point so as not to loose a days work.

Stroke at 48, scary ain't it!

Still hard if he's having a bad patch I guess as emotional things can be just as hard if not harder to handle and identify than physical.

Diet and medicine keep him stable for the most part but things get a little complicated if he gets ill from something else which can often results in an overnight in hospital to monitor his blood ammonia levels.

Now-a-days I make sure the lads are aware of a few drop onto jobs for regular clients just incase I have to dash off or don't make it in at any point so as not to loose a days work.

Stroke at 48, scary ain't it!

It's one of the main reasons I went self employed.

No boss to tell me I can't just drop stuff and go.

Well I may have posted this before I can't remember, after nearly two years subbing full time as groundie to the same firm I walked in September things had come to a head, not least that with me leaving that made 14 employees come and gone while I'd been there, had to leave for my own sanity money worries or not, had plenty work for the first 6 weeks after I left and then went bit touch and go not helped by the weather as so many others have been, finally last month got to talk to someone sensible at the bank after two years of trying and have refinanced everything so no more overdraft and no more credit card just one smaller loan payment to find a month which has saved me a load of money and worry, could do with a steadier flow of enquiries now but is busier than its been for a long time.

• Thanks 1