stress

This thread is a little heavy. I can't see how people get suicidal. My impulse reaction to megga stress has always been to pack my surf board and disappear for a bit. Travel has always been my therapy.

As for money, a wise man once told me "turnover is vanity, profit is reality".

This thread is a little heavy. I can't see how people get suicidal.

thats because you dont know what others have went through, what do you suggest, for others to stick their head back in the sand and worry alone.or have somewhere to talk, and get some friendly advice. i know 2 guys that committed suicide at an early stage in life, i also know a lot that have tried. they felt alone and never spoke to anyone about it. a waste of life imo

• Like 1

Wish it was that easy to pack a surf board and disappear but having 2 young girls in my life it would break there hearts if i disappeared. Reading these post make me think these are happening to me (waking up not breathing) and all above, tryed the drinking root but my heartburn would only let me get away with a shandy:001_smile:. Motavation and anger is my main problem at the mo alot of lo days alot of high days, I find it hard not only down and depressed but to have a job that you love taken away from you due to accident and toss pot of a ex boss it takes its tole.

I might be talking a load of drivel but its getting it off my chest and it feels good:001_smile:

This thread is a little heavy. I can't see how people get suicidal. My impulse reaction to megga stress has always been to pack my surf board and disappear for a bit. Travel has always been my therapy.

You can't see how people feel suicidal but all too many can. Perhaps you're lucky. You're certainly lucky to be able to deal with it by upping sticks and relocating, even if only temporarily. That simply isn't an option for most: how would the mortgage get paid, the work done, the staff paid etc.?

The first victim of suicidal tendencies I knew was in the same year as me. He was 12. He succeeded. He wasn't particularly a friend of mine but I remember his name and face even though I'm now 48.

Your going off surfing - does it deal with the stress or merely escape it for a while? The cause is surely still there when you come back?

I didn't mean that quite how it sounded. I understand it is better to talk about it.

What I meant really was that I would run from troubles that serious, nothing could be so bad that I would consider giving up on life. And for those that do, its a terrible shame

Wish it was that easy to pack a surf board and disappear but having 2 young girls in my life it would break there hearts if i disappeared. Reading these post make me think these are happening to me (waking up not breathing) and all above, tryed the drinking root but my heartburn would only let me get away with a shandy:001_smile:. Motavation and anger is my main problem at the mo alot of lo days alot of high days, I find it hard not only down and depressed but to have a job that you love taken away from you due to accident and toss pot of a ex boss it takes its tole.

I might be talking a load of drivel but its getting it off my chest and it feels good:001_smile:

We have a daughter and another little one on the way. Life is tough financially for us too. My partner and I have already said that if it ever looked like we would lose the house and the business we would just go away, indefinatley in the van. Thats our solution and it helps mentally, just knowing that our worst case senario is an extended holiday.

I think that this is a heavy thread too- but only in subject. By that i mean that the posts have all been very eye-opening for many of the reasons others have posted, very poignant- i can relate totally, and also in a strange way, i suppose, quite reassuring. Steve , I have been absorbing what you have been writing like a sponge; i'm booking hypno soon i reckon (i've known i needed pro help for a while now). And John, fair play and thank you for what you wrote. Huck was right in what he said.

One of the most interesting threads on arbtalk at the mo!:001_smile::001_smile: