stress

I have friends who build or are in landscaping and a job often takes weeks or months. You can afford for the phone to go dead for a few weeks on a job like that. We on the other hand don't seem to have that luxury.

the problem is you feel the big money we can earn is all ours, but that is turn over, when i moved up to the big mog and chipper i doubled my daily turnover, i went nuts and bought imprezas,plasma's,4x4's a hot tub and went a 4k holiday for a week i used to take 30quid to the pub now it was a couple of hundred. then i bought another 3 houses:scared1:but when i got breakdowns or business running costs there was no money in the kity. i would blame everything else apart from me, its all in running your business well. if it runs smoothly then so will your life. :001_cool:

Thats so true stevie. If its difficult then do a spread sheet on Excel, that way you will be able to budget everything, and see it clearly. It also allows you to see so quickly whether you are pricing adequately.

Unless you keep lots of horses!!!!!!!LOL

While we’re on the subjects of stress, depression etc I’d like to get just one thing off my chest…

It’s the ‘S’ word – Suicide, not a nice word, not a nice subject. There is one thing that makes my blood boil is when people say ‘Oh, suicide – that’s the easy way out’. In my opinion its absolute rubbish.

In the past I’ve been close, I’ve been missing my children, mourning the loss of my marriage and grieving for what might have been. I absolutely and totally empathise with how people reach the decision to take their own lives. Its not selfish, the poor souls are depressed, they have an illness and are going through and experiencing so much pain that, in their eyes – there is only one solution.

In my case the pain got so bad I just wanted it to stop. I remember times when I had to concentrate hard, not to drive the Discovery into a tree. Another time I had planned to break into the marital home, pinch my daughter’s pillow and climb up to the top of Bredon Hill (my favourite spot in Worcester) snuggle down and ‘fall asleep’ (the pillow was a way of feeling close to her). I went to the doctor who prescribed anti-depressants – these were useless as they just made me drowsy (I fell asleep at work and still get the pi55 taken out of me 3 years on) – too proud to tell colleagues the reasons why.

I managed to get through my ‘dark spell’ – I just love life too much I guess.

The reason for writing this – If you know someone who is depressed, talk to them, try and understand how they are feeling and try and talk them into getting help. Please don’t say ‘Suicide? That’s the selfish way out’, it isn’t and that’s the last thing someone in that state of mind needs to hear.

Thanks for listening.

• Sad 1

While we’re on the subjects of stress, depression etc I’d like to get just one thing off my chest…

It’s the ‘S’ word – Suicide, not a nice word, not a nice subject. There is one thing that makes my blood boil is when people say ‘Oh, suicide – that’s the easy way out’. In my opinion its absolute rubbish.

In the past I’ve been close, I’ve been missing my children, mourning the loss of my marriage and grieving for what might have been. I absolutely and totally empathise with how people reach the decision to take their own lives. Its not selfish, the poor souls are depressed, they have an illness and are going through and experiencing so much pain that, in their eyes – there is only one solution.

In my case the pain got so bad I just wanted it to stop. I remember times when I had to concentrate hard, not to drive the Discovery into a tree. Another time I had planned to break into the marital home, pinch my daughter’s pillow and climb up to the top of Bredon Hill (my favourite spot in Worcester) snuggle down and ‘fall asleep’ (the pillow was a way of feeling close to her). I went to the doctor who prescribed anti-depressants – these were useless as they just made me drowsy (I fell asleep at work and still get the pi55 taken out of me 3 years on) – too proud to tell colleagues the reasons why.

I managed to get through my ‘dark spell’ – I just love life too much I guess.

The reason for writing this – If you know someone who is depressed, talk to them, try and understand how they are feeling and try and talk them into getting help. Please don’t say ‘Suicide? That’s the selfish way out’, it isn’t and that’s the last thing someone in that state of mind needs to hear.

Thanks for listening.

Good post John!!!!!!!!!!!!

That took some balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Well put. Suicide is easy to make cras, all encompassing comments about unless you have actually been in that situation. Yes, it is selfish, and that just adds to the guilt and anxiety. But it is certainly not an easy option.

It's more about not wanting to carry on, wanting the pain to cease and not being able to see any hope for anything better. Not about actually wanting to kill yourself. There is a difference.

Really glad to hear things are looking better for you John :001_smile:

Thanks for sharing John. Theres always a light somewhere but depression robs you of the will to seek it.

The only up side I ever found to taking an anti depressant was that I once walked into a mates house (slightly manic on the pills) and just leapt from standing into a headstand!

Mate was impressed but rather concerned to say the least- I stopped the pills very soon after!!

Thanks for sharing John. Theres always a light somewhere but depression robs you of the will to seek it.

The only up side I ever found to taking an anti depressant was that I once walked into a mates house (slightly manic on the pills) and just leapt from standing into a headstand!

Mate was impressed but rather concerned to say the least- I stopped the pills very soon after!!

think you're mistaking anti-depressants for ectasy:001_tongue:

on about my 5th session with the hypno guy, i said something that made things clear to him. in 10 mins he got rid of all my lifes anxieties, it was unbelievable. i was scared to open my mouth before, a combination of strict parenting and my naturaly timid nature, i left his place that day and the world was a different place. i could tell friends that the price is the price, if a customer asked for another foot off their hedge after i had spent 2 hrs doing it, when they said it was perfect in the first place. i would say yes no bother and give them a price. before i would be scared to say anything incase it went pair shape, but it was all in my head. in my head you either agreed or rolled about the floor fighting, end up in jail and loose the house. be carefull how you bring up your kids. i had no naughty step or time out. if i was bad, punishment, sent to your room and no toys or bike for a week. so thats how i saw confrontation. it just wasnt worth saying anything as a child. do as i say not as i do, ring any bells??john, take 60quid out the cateram fund, and go see some one. you will leave there a different man, and you wont want to spend 20k on a go kart to make yourself feel better mate. you will buy a motorhome and take the kids away every weekend instead. good luck mate, i bet you even feel better getting that off your chest mate. as huck said, took balls