stress

Pretty scary when it happens, did you get it checked out or just the hypnotherapy?

Is it something to do with tree work or is it that treework attracts stressy people. I know two other guys who have had stress as well.

went to the doctors, got my eyes tested. hypno hypno hypno all the way, its all about relaxing mate. its just stress from doing to much tom, everyone will have a level of it in some way or another i think:001_smile:

also having other personal problems, which I won't post here, helped put things into perspective.

Perspective is the key, IMO!!!!!!!!

My family mean more to me than any thing else, they are what gets me out there earning to give them the best standard of life I can.

If I ever start to worry about what I would do if the phone stopped ringing, I just run through in my mind what I would do, IE start doing fire wood or sell some gear.

I also count my blessings I have been blessed with 4 healthy children and have always had good health myself, and as a wise man once said "if you have your health you have everything".

To be honest I used to get a bit stressed because of too much work, not being able to get to all the jobs when I said I would, but now I just make a few calls to put a few jobs back a bit and it fine :001_smile:

A lot of this is sounding horribly familiar.

My patience levels with clients have melted away to zero. Is it them or me?

'£300 to cut a tree down - that's expensive!' - is it really? 2 of us, days work, £30k of equipment, 3 tons of waste to run? I can sometimes feel myself beginning to boil, and have definately lost jobs because of it.

I'm always injured in some way these days as well, which does not help.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

That's better...

Definitely a sign of stress Mark. I just smile to myself these days, and think do I need to explain myself to these people?? They wont think twice about running a couple of Mercs, subs to the golf club and so on, so why should they not pay properly for a service? Not worth getting wound up about, tbh, and certainly not worth getting snappy over.

The good thing is at least seeing the posts on this thread is many are in the same boat, suffering in silence, thinking they are the only ones suffering, when it is in fact affecting many people, a problem shared.......

Thanks for bringing this up. I really have never told anybody all the crap inside. From the moment I wake up in the morning, my heart starts racing. Sometimes I'll even wake up an hour, hour and a half early before the alarm because the day is already on my mind. I'm young (23), and have tryed to tell myself chill out man, but I have this notion in my head I have to do X amount this week or else.

I've lost a good friend almost 2 years ago now. I'm not sure if it's related to whats going on but there's a possibility. My business was one year old before it happened, I loved going out to work, even though sometimes I wouldn't make as much as I'd like. Buying new equipment was exciting, even though I didn't have the money for it. Now that it's all payed for, it's really not a financial worry on my mind. I've really got no motivation either.

Gawd, having read through all of these posts, there is a lot that sounds so horribly familiar.

When i started out, i totally loved what i was doing. I worked after hours and weekends for no extra pay, simply because i enjoyed it so much. When and how did that change to laying awake all night, feeling sick with anxiety and, literally, having to hide in the toilets at times to get away from it all for a precious few minutes???

Though it's not good that anyone else has gone / is going through the same, it does feel kind of reassuring that i am not entirely alone. I think one of the worst feelings when things are so bad is the isolation, and that no one else could possibly understand.

I have had to totally reasses my life and came to the conclusion that leaving my last job would be best for all involved, but most especially best for me. One of the hardest decisions i have had to make - i felt as though i was letting so many people down :sad:.

Now i totally skint and have a mild Jeremy Kyle addiction, but i am so much more at ease. I can't wait to get back to work - at a lower responsibilty level - and i am trying to refind that passion that i had originally. Being on this site has helped to get my interest going again :001_smile:.

positive mental thinking, stand up straight and hold out your right arm or left level with your shoulder, ask someone to push down on it while you say the word HATE over and over again and try and push up while they push down. and see what happens. now repeat the same thing except this time say, the name of the person you love the most, and the words, LOVE,I CAN AND I WILL over and over and see what happens this time.

the brain is a powerfull thing, they did an experiment on a woman, where they monitored the excretions from her brain while she had horrible thoughts, they extracted some and injected it into a guinea pig, IT KILLED IT. you know that horrible feeling you get in your stomach, or butterflies. its there for a reason. buying stuff like shiny kit goed back to our hunter gatherer days, the kill. we get a buzz out it, but then it soon wears off. so we do it again to get that same feeling. do not sit in silence, get a plan and get some help, you have to change the program in you head. the best book i have ever read is 'how to be happy' paper back 10 quid, gives you an understanding on how your brain works. it will blow you away.

Ive just spent a good few minutes writing all about my recent stress; I even quoted a few favorite passages from a book for all to read. Tried to post and evidently took too long to type it up as Arbtalk had logged me out! When i refreshed the browser and logged back in it had all disappeared!!!!

I am now smiling heroicly and not stressing about this pitifully minor annoyance.

This is a good strategy and Skyhuck said it- Perspective. Not easy to have it when stressed though!

Ive just spent a good few minutes writing all about my recent stress; I even quoted a few favorite passages from a book for all to read. Tried to post and evidently took too long to type it up as Arbtalk had logged me out! When i refreshed the browser and logged back in it had all disappeared!!!!

I am now smiling heroicly and not stressing about this pitifully minor annoyance.

This is a good strategy and Skyhuck said it- Perspective. Not easy to have it when stressed though!

lol, good on you mr chill, or have you taken a hammer to the computer and now typing on your spare lap top:scared1::001_tongue: