stress

:dito:

If I hit a problem, I very quickly look for and find a solution, I found that unsupervised staff just looked for problems so they did not have to work :mad1:

The only way to be mate- never rely on employees, do it yourself.:001_smile:

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Is the fact that the above is the commonest and most prevelant thing going through my head at any one time a sign......and the fact i can relate to heartburn, temper etc etc etc.........that i am stressed. Does anyone else here ever wonder if there is any point to it?

i found running away from it was a quick fix and i would feel better, but it would just build up more and get worse(mostly in my head) once you address the problem. don't go to work tomorrow and keep doing what you are doing, make a list and work your way through what needs done. simple things.firstly buy a pen and paper and a diary. dont rely on your brain to remember everything write it down and close the book. your brain can then think about other things, the next day you open the book and there it is. simples. if you grit your teeth a lot, thats repressed anger. not good. ii used to get "the rage' as i called it. most of my spanners are lying in a field next to the yard lol.the 20%crown thin became a pollard:blushing:climbing became dangerous, my head was somewhere else, rather than on the job. saying no is always good to, but when we work for ourselfs we feel we have to say yes, all the little freebies, all the complaints for no reason that you just smile about, then go home and take it out on your loved ones. i used to call it my B S face. and then their is the guilt of being horrible to them but you are too stuborn to say sorry. if you run your own business and have staff and have never suffered from this, please jump in and give some advice, i can only tell you what not to do, going by my own experiences.:001_smile:

I do this job because I love it. Make enough to be happy. Have just lost my groundie, Scott after 1 year, he's moved on to something new, Good for him I say. He will be hard to replace. Did the stress thing for a year, hit the bottle big time. Now enjoy climbing and respect and love my wife and daughter.

LIFE'S TOO SHORT, LIVE IT!!:001_smile:

Did the stress thing for a year, hit the bottle big time.

LIFE'S TOO SHORT, LIVE IT!!:001_smile:

good on you mate, i tried the drink thing but my heartburn was too bad, and then i got wind from all the rennie. maybe it wasnt a bad thing:001_smile:

i used have 4 f/time nothing but headaches & crap lost broken kit the better i tretted then the worse they were stress !! stress !! binned them just me & a groundy simple hit the targets no probs no stress & 4 hols @ centre parks year:001_cool::001_cool:

i used have 4 f/time nothing but headaches & crap lost broken kit the better i tretted then the worse they were stress !! stress !! binned them just me & a groundy simple hit the targets no probs no stress & 4 hols @ centre parks year:001_cool::001_cool:

and you also dont have to try and find all your tools in the chip pile or burnt out rakes and shovels in the bonfire ash:mad1:

Good of you to raise the topic SWB, I had a problem with stress in 07 without realising it. I developed a problem breathing , I just couldn't get enough air in, It was weird, every few seconds I'd have to take a really big breath, and each time I did I just wanted another. I went to the doc who sent me for all sorts of tests, chest xrays and stuff. They all came back A1 and when he said it was stress I didn't beleive him, because I didn't feel stressed. It wasn't like I was sitting worrying abouth stuff all the time I felt fine, it took a couple of months for me to realise I had a problem and eventually it went away, on its own. I also used to have heart burn all the time which has also cleared up.

I wish I could tell you what I have done to fix things but I don't know whats changed. Maybe just accepting the stress and recognising it was enough, also having other personal problems, which I won't post here, helped put things into perspective.

Just goes to show, stress can be there under the surface without you realising it and can have some profound physical effects, the strength of which can be surprising. Thats your body telling you to sort it out.

• Like 1

Pretty scary when it happens, did you get it checked out or just the hypnotherapy?

Is it something to do with tree work or is it that treework attracts stressy people. I know two other guys who have had stress as well.