Petz Zillon now in store!

Barry_Skyland

What are the advantages over a short VT tended by a pulley?

It's shiny and It'll make the women fancy you :thumbup::biggrin:

I think an oval biner would work better with the uniform shape. Gonna try some others on it and see. That little twist on the sentinel biner is a bit small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The advantages are it's more compact to cord and a pulley, should last a lifetime whereas cord has to be replaced regularly, you don't have to tend it like a VT (sometimes), it runs smoother than friction cord. It's expensive but it's a quality piece of kit, some tree surgeons use the Grillon as a lanyard now they have the choice of the Zillon too.

• 2 months later...

Barry, I still don't understand how ART can sell the Positioner on its own without rope but Petzl can't do same with Zillon? Also, how can Petzl sell the ZigZag on its own which is for main anchor use, but the Zillon - which is only for positioning use - has to have its own special rope?? Doesn't make any sense to me...

I recently bought a ZigZag and like it but find it is rather tight on my 13mm rope. I currently use an 8 metre 11mm rope with hip bag for my lanyard. I want to move to a mechanical lanyard adjuster but I like the 11mm rope for lanyard as no need to have it thicker for pulling (just takes up space/weight). I also like the long lanyard as I can use it as a temporary 2nd anchor point above me, too.

So, not only do I have to buy the Zillon with a rope, but I can't buy the length or type of rope I want. Looks like it'll be the ART Positioner for me, then...

Barry, I still don't understand how ART can sell the Positioner on its own without rope but Petzl can't do same with Zillon? Also, how can Petzl sell the ZigZag on its own which is for main anchor use, but the Zillon - which is only for positioning use - has to have its own special rope?? Doesn't make any sense to me...

I recently bought a ZigZag and like it but find it is rather tight on my 13mm rope. I currently use an 8 metre 11mm rope with hip bag for my lanyard. I want to move to a mechanical lanyard adjuster but I like the 11mm rope for lanyard as no need to have it thicker for pulling (just takes up space/weight). I also like the long lanyard as I can use it as a temporary 2nd anchor point above me, too.

So, not only do I have to buy the Zillon with a rope, but I can't buy the length or type of rope I want. Looks like it'll be the ART Positioner for me, then...

The Zillon is CE marked as an assembly so must be used and sold with the rope approved by the manufacturer. Petzl did exactly the same thing with the Grillon

The Zillon is CE marked as an assembly so must be used and sold with the rope approved by the manufacturer. Petzl did exactly the same thing with the Grillon

I understand that bit. But what is the point of selling it as an assembly at all, if it is not necessary (ART don't seem to need to with Positioner)? And why does a lanyard set up need a higher standard than a main anchor set up?

I understand that bit. But what is the point of selling it as an assembly at all, if it is not necessary (ART don't seem to need to with Positioner)? And why does a lanyard set up need a higher standard than a main anchor set up?

My thoughts aswell.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app

Its a Petzl thing, its what they do.

As a business decision it makes sense to have the device and rope as a unit. It takes the variation an inappropriate rope would bring, out of the equation.

Its a Petzl thing, its what they do.

As a business decision it makes sense to have the device and rope as a unit. It takes the variation an inappropriate rope would bring, out of the equation.

Maybe, but when that ropes worn, theres nothing stopping someone putting a different rope in the same device