Good bye woodmizer hello Timberking

Coed y Cardi

• 1 month later...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you getting on with the Timberking Clinton?

Brilliant! Would never go back to a Woodmizer. Took a bit of getting used to, cuts much truer and flater than the WM, been out on a couple of contract milling jobs, I am really chuffed with the setworks it's on the money every cut and saves a lot of time! I wasn't to sure how it worked so I sent an email to TK and received a tutorial DVD, new manual and a hat!!! All the way from Missouri.The only thing that gets on my nerves is the manual throtle but I'm working on a solution to cure that! One day I will post some pics!!

Are you happy with your Logmaster J?

Clinton,

I "double blind" contacted Timberking on the Eve of Christmas Eve, or perhaps actually over the Christmas period.

Quite astounded to very promptly, get a reply, from Will Johnston, Company President.

Who appears to be "as straight as a Die"

Very very impressed by the ethos of Timberking as a firm.

Simply from my email conversations with Will.

And, by gosh, I sure know how to be picky.

Regards,

Marcus

PS

i got a tk2000 price but 3 month ood by now.

hi Clinton

can i ask what model and spec TK you went for and a idea of the cost if its not too cheeky.

If you get time i'd like to see some photos of it too.

Regards, John

The model I purchased was a TK2000 with a Kholer 37hp petrol engine, all the other spec is standard ( chain log turner, log clamp, up and down log stops, front and back roller toe boards, log lifters, all direct hydraulics no electrics except for the clutch and blade guide bearings).

I bought my second hand it's two years old, I not sure now but I think they are around £35-37000 new? The only thing I would like different would be a Diesel engine!

Defenetly get some photos uploaded in the next few weeks!

Brilliant! Would never go back to a Woodmizer. Took a bit of getting used to, cuts much truer and flater than the WM, been out on a couple of contract milling jobs, I am really chuffed with the setworks it's on the money every cut and saves a lot of time! I wasn't to sure how it worked so I sent an email to TK and received a tutorial DVD, new manual and a hat!!! All the way from Missouri.The only thing that gets on my nerves is the manual throtle but I'm working on a solution to cure that! One day I will post some pics!!

Are you happy with your Logmaster J?

Very good to hear. The only issue that I have had with the mill was some of the bands actually! As is happens, Dakins Flathers accepted that their bands were sub par, refunded me for them, came up for the day with several different set ups and changed their manufacturing spec afterwards. Also a top company.

I've gone from a machine which would cut well when all things were running well, but you would constantly be worrying what would break next. £8 per machine hour in machine maintenance and repairs during the time I had it. The Logmaster (which I appreciate that it's new) has needed nothing. It's just about to get it's first spark plug and oil change and that's it.

Interesting that you pick on the diesel engine as a point of improvement - we must have the same engine (38hp, it says on mine) and it's pretty frugal as well as being quite powerful. I don't find it holds me up or uses more than 15 litres in a day.

The Logmaster cost £21k plus VAT new to my yard and I got a bad exchange rate.

Jonathan

There must be something wrong with my engine! I'll go through 30 litres a day no probs and that shutting the revs when ever possible! Do you think I can tune it up some how?

That is a lot. Given that we have pretty much the same engine and very similar sawmills (all direct hydraulics here too) there must be something to it. I do find I use a hell of a lot more fuel when the band is no longer very sharp. It will merrily cut a cubic metre an hour otherwise (or more with helpers). Can't think of any other variables other than band - my band will be wider too (2") so more to push through the wood. Do you have a debarker? That uses a fair bit of power (about 7hp I was told).

Jonathan