Vallorbe or Oregon files ?

ally

Any preference or both just the same ? Was thinking of getting the Vallorbe PRO sharpening kit including 4 files and a flat file or instead just a few Oregon files .

They are the same file.

I use Save Edge and Oregon often. Save Edge are particularly good for refreshing chain that hit debris. I prefer the Save Edge.

• 2 weeks later...
They are the same file.

I use Save Edge and Oregon often. Save Edge are particularly good for refreshing chain that hit debris. I prefer the Save Edge.

The last lot of Oregon files I purchased came in an Oregon box but on 5 of the 12 files in tiny lettering near the tang they were marked Bahco. I am told that they could be manufactured by one of several firms as they put out to tender for batch production, & this seems to be borne out by the fact that some are longer lasting & better quality than others, the non Bahco ones were not good I can now purchase Sandvik at a better price & have found they are longer lasting/ sharper

ive done 2 packs.of save edge now and think im gona go back to vallorbes as seem to last longer

Tap your save edges out if they are clogging. I have them do that on occasion. They last a good long time for me.

Anyone tried Oberg Swedish files , i was told they are better than the Stihl & Oregon files , was offered some the other day by a company we deal with

I have used this brand in the past, approx. 2/3 years ago & they were very good. the only reason I stopped using them was the stockist stopped supplying. He changed to Vallorbe. If the price is competitive, I would suggest it would be worth giving them a whirl.