Fabricating your own lowering device

colwoodlandcare

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Got busy bank holiday monday knocking together a dual bollard,late finish,lots of hand polishing,testing with 19mm rope,tweaking of fairlead lengths, tuesday evening stress testing no problems, so decided to glass bead blast it,(looks awesome) and galvanize it…… collecting today hopefully,praying it won't be a snotty one….. more pics to follow… debating the virtues of powder coating?

For looks really, cost? Well a morning of my Skills to my good mate for his welding, materials prob 20 quid's worth, but in reality just what was lying around the workshop, and lots of finishing, and a new set of straps, basic design with the ability to up grade later,decided against a lifting arm as a couple of pulleys and prussic take less space, only oversight was rubber blocks, but that is easy to sort,slots are in place….! more to follow….

:001_cool:

IMG_2052.jpg.a4912c6ca317c6b7084b1c2d9cf26655.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg.c4a325cea23636552526e0de14c67e45.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg.0b885ac3732b269ce19fc52ce1e31bc1.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg.0c442841e035d0ec74e0885c45e6efe6.jpg

Thanks Silky!kinda proud of my efforts:thumbup: Got it back from the Galvanizer's….. brilliant finish, only had to polish off with paper, so will be putting it to work tomorrow,A bit peeved they drilled 6mm holes in the caps….. had i Known i would have drilled them dead center,not on the edge, meh!

Looking forward to trying it out properly!

When i get a chance I will drop it to the powder coaters, will post the bollard in action tomorrow!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello all. I just finish my first one. I used some bits I had in my cave just like a test.

Would this work fine with a rust protect spray paint? Or is worth to galvanize it? Any one tried?

My plan is to make a stainless one but kind of expensive.

Ty in advance

1486725397226.jpg.c8a6d9f96339584ec94742de9d7e43ef.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Arbtalk mobile app

Edited by Arrozdoce