Buck Rake for clearing brush

Look up the price of the tines first, they are very dear.

Reckon on bending a few (or more!)

If my best mate who I owed an awful lot of favours and had saved my life many times asked me if he could borrow my buck rake to push up brash in the woods....

I would tell him to get

We use them to clear the prunings on 25+ acres of apples, you have to go very quietly.

Edited by Stephen Blair

Most, not all, but most woodlands have been "textbook" planted certainly in the last 100 years or so, is means that the trees are in rows, all you need to do is fell into the centre of the rows and brash will be clear of the stumps. Of course, common sense must prevail, there are going to be times that stumps are out of line etc.

We do lots of rake and burn and the stumps are normally buried out of sight in the lop and top. If you look at the rake on the machine on the truck you will notice a tyne missing, this must be 6" by about 2" solid steel about 3` long and that just ripped off on a stump. Very hard going because as you rake back you are building a mountain making impossible to see where anything is.

Bob

arbjob010_zps8a16b6b9.jpg

Never done it but I would be wary of when you engage the push mechanism that a branch doesn't get snagged in the frame and swing round and hit the tractors cab glass or lights. It won't happen often but when it does :cursing:

Might but worth u bolting a sheet of steel across the front of the push fence and maybe extend a mesh above the back of the rake. Im paranoid by experience. Murphys law is dominant in my life. :- " Anything that can go wrong, will..."