Timber winch

njc110381

Werner - that's the company that fitted out my mog when it was new we think. They used to fit the round tank, I think so that branches would deflect off if they poked up and hit it?

Price wise I know what you're saying. Werner stuff costs a small fortune but then it is supposed to be one of the best out there. I think I'll just need to copy the setup. If I can get pictures together I can make the rollers on my lathe. Making a bracket with a 3 point attachment so that the chassis can still flex doesn't look too hard - it's just a standard 4 point mount with a swivel in the middle.

I've just found the two videos that got me thinking. If you don't like AC/DC mute it, and if you're not interested in a long but informative slide show of a near complete rebuild of a U900 winch set up, don't even bother watching them because you'll get bored quickly. Fair play to the guy though, it looks like he's done a fantastic job. The swivel bracket I talked about is being put together at around 3.45 and fitted at around 7.00 in the first video. It looks really smart.

I can't quite stretch to that sort of work, but the mount looks easy and I could make it for a smaller single drum. The rollers look fairly simple too.

Werner - that's the company that fitted out my mog when it was new we think. They used to fit the round tank, I think so that branches would deflect off if they poked up and hit it?

Price wise I know what you're saying. Werner stuff costs a small fortune but then it is supposed to be one of the best out there. I think I'll just need to copy the setup. If I can get pictures together I can make the rollers on my lathe. Making a bracket with a 3 point attachment so that the chassis can still flex doesn't look too hard - it's just a standard 4 point mount with a swivel in the middle.

just put winch on front oil powered 4or6 ton we have one one our u 1000 goodbit of kit bit slow for skidding we use ours for surgery work also got 15 ton boughton on 3cx with back arm taken of now thats a winch pulled out my valmet and drive trailer last week with full load

just put winch on front oil powered 4or6 ton we have one one our u 1000 goodbit of kit bit slow for skidding we use ours for surgery work also got 15 ton boughton on 3cx with back arm taken of now thats a winch pulled out my valmet and drive trailer last week with full load

HI UNIMOG re boughton winch on the JCB sound good that there was a argi dealer 2/3 years ago had one for sale nice kit:thumbup1: thanks jon