Mechanical lanyard adjuster?

DJP Arb

Hi, currently using a hitch climber with vt, was thinking of going to the art positioner, but just got offered a virtually new spider jack 2.1 for £100.

Just wondering if any one has used the sj for a side strop?

Not sure how well it would work as my mainline lockjack is not to great without a cambium saver, or if the rope is coming back to it at a obtuse angle.

Any advice much appreciated, cheers

Spiderjack is a main line device. Positioner is a great piece if kit especially if its got a swivel.

Look at the petzl zillon too

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiderjack is a main line device. Positioner is a great piece if kit especially if its got a swivel.

Look at the petzl zillon too

Hi thanks, was kinda thinking the sj wouldn't work, but was looking for an excuse to buy it at a bargin price, as years left in my lockjack yet : )

Think ill go for the positioner, due to price and how impressed I've been with all Art kit!!

Not going to get any love for this but had a cinch b4. And didn't get on with it, unless it a new model?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I have a cinch and am not a fan.

I currently use an art positioner with swivel. When its up for replacement I will look at either the zillon, or another art positioner...but without a swivel this time. I find it constant spins round the wrong way, which although isn't a major hassle to flip it back, it is another step that I don't need to take. Having used both positioners(my first was standard without swivel), I actually think a swivel is unnecessary on a lanyard anyway.