Grand fir - Blocking

RC0

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been chopping and changing my mind between the gopro and new drift since you mentioned it Reg. Think i'm going to give the gopro + black a try though

I think they're both great value Steve, just have different qualities.

I like the shape of the Drift, the fact that its water proof, the external mic option, playback screen, and obviously the extended battery life.... which for a days treework is a must really.

Drift Ghost-S - PointofViewCameras.ca

Nice video Reg, easy to get lost in it looking at all that beautiful scenery, couple of funny commentary bits though. I see your still using the wrench and see you remove your line out the way to gaff down but just wondered if you use or thought about using a optimised length of retrievable top tie? Really doesn't take no longer than it took you to move your line out the way.. :)

Anyway hope your well fella :)

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Nice video Reg, easy to get lost in it looking at all that beautiful scenery, couple of funny commentary bits though. I see your still using the wrench and see you remove your line out the way to gaff down but just wondered if you use or thought about using a optimised length of retrievable top tie? Really doesn't take no longer than it took you to move your line out the way.. :)

Anyway hope your well fella :)

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Yeah I'm well Adam, thanks mate.

I'd have ran down that pole with the long gaffs, as it was I had the shorties. Are you talking about rappelling down the singled line and then retrieving it with the tail ? It doesn't work so well on rough or flaky bark conifers....and besides it just looks too gay to be seen doing that out here. Spurring up and down poles with a minimum amount of clutter is Something you're doing on a daily basis, time over....so you rarely even think about it. And weighing only 155 pounds, or there abouts, its no effort really.

Edited by RC0