what would you charge for this?

william127

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hire a stump grinder or get some one to do it and ask for a drink.I done a similar job a few weeks back wasted so much time sharpening chains and binned four ended up costing me money.Never again at least i learned something that day don't make the mistake i made.

Same.

I've been very, very particular about discussing final stump level ever since.

Grinder, failing that a small hand trowel(to get the dirt out from tight spots), pick, axe,spit, prise bars,sledge, & metal wedges, is there an anchor point for a winch ? if so cut through as much of the roots etc and get a chain secured,remove all the soil, and winch the lot out.Hard work but itll get most of the stump out. price £100. If its just to lower the stumps, again clean all the muck away-£70.

How much/ how would people charge for cutting these 6 or 7 stumps down to just below ground level? Sort of ended up with the job, to help someone out, want to make a profit(bearing in mind its quite hard on the saw and chain) but not take the pss. Thanks.

Is there access for a mini digger?

Iv done the job, there really was no access for anything that could not be picked up by 2 blokes, took me about 2 hours in total, plus 1 hour to sharpen and thoroughly clean out both saws (although they were pretty clean and although they were blunt they took no more sharpening than a normal dull chain) charged £100, everybody happy, and I may be getting some tractor/Chipping work from him so a good outcome from what could have been a pig of a job:thumbup1: