Big contracting mowers

AlexB

Look at the Grasshopper 725 or 930 out front mower with kubota diesel engine for commercial durability, speed (2.4ha per hour), versatility ( can fit an out front deck that fold up, power brush, snow blade, blower and collector if needed) and affordability in purchase price and servicing (1000 hrs between hydraulic oil services). Its sub £12k....check YouTube to see it working.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the Grasshopper 725 or 930 out front mower with kubota diesel engine for commercial durability, speed (2.4ha per hour), versatility ( can fit an out front deck that fold up, power brush, snow blade, blower and collector if needed) and affordability in purchase price and servicing (1000 hrs between hydraulic oil services). Its sub £12k....check YouTube to see it working.

Total agree we have a grass hopper I was just about to post what u did

Great mowers

We do alot of road side work with are one trees drain covers etc make use money

• 6 months later...

Are the Trimax flails not murderous heavy?

Simply Cos they are so well built.

I had a notion one of the "stander" type zero turn machines (all American built as far as I recall) were a very tidy easy to transport(cos so short overall) for a owner operator/one man band.

Step off to lift litter and step on again.

V good practise for downhill skiers too.

All fuel guzzling petrols when I was looking, but it may not be practical to fit a small enough diesel.

I still have time for Kubota diesel engines, but had formed the opinion, that since the days of the virtually indestructible G1700/G1900's they had gotten lighter built and flimsier, some of the so call Kubota decks for the Euro/UK market were subbed out/built down to a price.

That said we bough 2 Kubotas this spring, because they were the only compact ride-on diesel hydrostatic available.

I considered the JD petrol engined equivalent but quailed at the predictded extra fuel costs.

The Kubotas will have paid for themselves inside of 3 years running on red diesel.

Double the fuel at double the price sure adds up!

PS

The 3060 outfront Kubota is still "Oldskool" engineered.