Big contracting mowers

AlexB

Hi there we have been contracting for many years now and if you are going to spend 15k I would highly recommend a Scag turf tiger CAT diesel fast zero turn superb decks comfortable very good mower infact the whole scag range are good we have used them all. We have had john deere kubota etesia ransomes and now we run scags. Hope that helps a little

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there we have been contracting for many years now and if you are going to spend 15k I would highly recommend a Scag turf tiger CAT diesel fast zero turn superb decks comfortable very good mower infact the whole scag range are good we have used them all. We have had john deere kubota etesia ransomes and now we run scags. Hope that helps a little

+1 scags very good mowers well built. or toro. do a very good cut and no mess. if i was spending that sort of money i would go toro as have one and it cuts a dream and like a bigger one for bigger areas. husky not comercial. and ferris not impresed.

Out front mower iseki or kubota under belly non collect jd ferris skag collection iseki kubota or Gianni ferri.

A lot of contractors over look Husqvarna mowers but the mower you pictured is a very good mower we had the little brother to it the rider 22 4x4 if I remember correctly. If I was buying an out front mower nowit would be an iseki or kubota tried and tested hold there value I was told this when I bought the rider but could not afford the extra money. Don't make the wrong choice as you will be sat on it a long time to get the money back.:001_smile:

• 3 weeks later...

I got Husky Rider 316T AWD for churchyard work on slopes! was very sceptical that it would be up to the job but after a years use I think its a brilliant machine and hasnt let me down appreciate your looking at top end machine so a lot more of money than mine so be sure of who is going to use it otherwise look at Toro, Kubota or John Deere out fronts but they are a lot more money but proper commercial kit I've used or owned in the past Toro and kubota v. good machines but too wide/heavy/expensive for work I've got now.

Scag Sabre tooth Tiger, 64" cut, unbeatable, nimble, powerful (3 cylinder turbo Mitsubishi engine) versatile, proven with good back up. What more could one ask for in a big contracting machine.

Smaller ones are the Etesia Bahia with Kawasaki power. These are much narrower if you have limited access.

I'm out of touch with Toro now-days but my dad's old three wheel one lasted from 1968 till 1990 and was still going when I sold it on! Since those days they have gone into green-keeping so may be on the expensive side for contracting type work but don't take my word for this.

codlasher