Ideas to make money from land

BTS

I was told years ago There was shortage of waterlilly plants

Don't know situation now .......

I wanted to plant holly orchard ....about 15 years to establish but then you get xmas market ......but grant people went nuts about monoculture

Should have ignored it and done it anyway........

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dig it out for a lake

Might be a problem there!

land is very good drainer so stays quite dry

Realistically, you're not going to make much off the land. Your best chance is to think about setting up some sort of project ON the land which may develop in to something.

I've about 40 acres, if it were that easy I'd be minted!

Where from if I may ask (planting one up over the next few years and it may be handy if applicable)?

Cheers

Alec

It was from a local conservation group.

I just asked them if they would consider helping me to plant an orchard, in the way of financial. They said they would. But had to prove there use to be an orchard in the area, which had been scrubbed. Which there was 2 fields down which was my grandads, so had plans and an old picture to prove. But all the land was sold about 40 years ago. But bought 8 acres back about 6 years ago

The trees are the m106 stock I thinkhalf size And they are going in to there 5th season

May be worth a call to natraul england

If you need advice contact me

Edited by carpenter1

Originally Posted by 5 shires

Dig it out for a lake

Might be a problem there!

Originally Posted by BTS

land is very good drainer so stays quite dry

Solution Clay liner. Saw on grand designs a carpet like material with clay granules in which when wet they join together. They used it to line the outside of the basement to keep water out

Dont think its been mentioned yet but paintball would always be worth considering :)

just get in some obstacles like scrap cars and all dig out bunkers and then get some paintball guns :) it could be worth a shot if you in the correct area :D

well either paintball or airsoft

Dont think its been mentioned yet but paintball would always be worth considering :)

just get in some obstacles like scrap cars and all dig out bunkers and then get some paintball guns :) it could be worth a shot if you in the correct area :D

well either paintball or airsoft

Good idea! Along with the 4x4/Quad idea :)