Ideas to make money from land

BTS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dig it out for a lake fill with fish and charge £30 ahead for fishing.if you do it right you'll make money' help environment and keep the wife happy. It's not a short term fix and would take a few years stocking with fish' getting the wildlife and forner in to gear but etc.

Not a bad shout. looked into buying a course lake, think the paperwork said £25000ish turnover per annum. Think they charged £10 for a ticket, £15 for 2 rods. All he had to do was walk round the lake twice a day collecting money. (I know there's behind the scene stuff to do too but one established I wouldn't have thought too much)

Like 5shires said £30 per day for a trout lake is going rate. Then you can add boat hire, and price per fish if they keep for eating. Get a static or portacabin on site and sell abit of tackle.

Also if you can get certified location from the caravan club (max 5 'vans) you can charge £8+ per night depending on the facilities offered.

I know that motocross clubs pay anything from £2000 onwards to hire a track. A couple of diggers and dumpers will get a decent track made in a fortnight (past experience). And I know that East Kent are looking for a new track to race at!

Only trouble is, the council may be funny about it if there's houses nearby.

A friend of mine had a few acres spare and has started growing Christmas trees. He is planting 600 every year. They take 5 years to be of sellable size but the people he buys the saplings off promise to buy them back in 5 years at £20 a tree.