Tripod ladders/steps

dogman

Is anyone using them ?, if so what size & make, & are you happy with them or do you think a different size would be of more use ?.

I'm a gardener not a tree surgeon, but do prune low trees(insured up to 5 metres) cut hedges, i've been thinking of the 10/12ft size but not sure.

Thanks for looking,

Rob

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm also doing gardening and invested in a 14ft Workware Tripod ladder.its a great bit of kit especially for taking on big lleylandi hedges. Very sturdy, solid and save a lot of time when cutting and pruning. Been using mine to also get into the canopy to shape and prune fruit trees.

I'm also doing gardening and invested in a 14ft Workware Tripod ladder.its a great bit of kit especially for taking on big lleylandi hedges. Very sturdy, solid and save a lot of time when cutting and pruning. Been using mine to also get into the canopy to shape and prune fruit trees.

I totally agree.Started using tripod ladders a couple of years ago and would throughly recommend them. Got a 14' one at the moment and going invest in a smaller one this year. Great for all kinds of work from hedgecutting to small tree pruning. :thumbup1:

I do loads of hedges in the summer and invested in a 6ft set a few years ago and couldn't be without them. I like the idea of a bigger set but there's no hedge I've ever been unable to cut with these , my 3 section 6 foot and my 3 section 12 foot . Bare in mind the transport of the higher tripod steps as the base is quite wide, can be a problem if you only run a small vehicle.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I use Faxko adjustable step ladders. Mine are 8ft closed extending to 14 t. Adjustable ladder steps at the front and two rear independent adjustable legs. They hinge nicely so closed they are the same width as a bog standard set of steps/ladders. Really solid robust good bit of kit!

Wish i'd read your reply sooner chopper, anyway i went for the workware heavy duty in 12ft. Just got home to find it in the hall wrapped in bubble wrap, looking like something from the lunar landings.

Been thinking, i do have some one who works partime for me on an as & when required basis, & he is a little fat f***** so maybe getting the heavy duty one was a wise move, but if i need another size, & sods law says i will at least i know i can get away with the standard ones.

Rob