Vehicle Graphics

David Dobedoe

I find it acceptable , you work together , it's a thing called helping ?!

The view on customers is that a customer picks who they think is the better of the two their choice .

If however a customer was to ask you about another Job and you handed out one of your own business cards without saying well actually this is his job I'd be a bit pissed .

Like I say at the end of the day it's the potential customers choice on who they choose to pick , infant they would probably try you both and see who's cheaper

Dan

That opens a whole can of worms imo

So customer has both me and subby price job, as far as the customer knows we are 2 completely different firms, I come over as more professional than the subby so the customer is happy to pay a little extra, then customer ends up with job being done by the cheaper subby but at the more expensive price, I see problems with that.

It's pretty simple for me, if subby wants permanent signage and roll up in signed vehicle to my jobs, then I will find myself another subby.

Thanks, as I expected a mixed bag. Interesting the different perspectives. I think it is a ethical issue when working for somebody you treat their customers as their customers. ( as long as you are treated fairly which is also an ethical issue)

I have been self employed and sub contracting long enough to have seen this issue play itself out problematically in other industries. The responses on here are similar. At one extreme some people enjoying the cooperation and partnerships and at the other some people not wanting it obvious to their clients.

I will get magnetic sheets which allow me to be flexible. For regular customers that I work for as a sub contractor I will offer to have their magnetic sheets on the van when I'm working for them. No problem with that.

Whilst on magnetic signs... any idea of how powerful the magnet is? Was looking into getting writing on the sides of my 110 hardtop but its aluminium so would need a steel plate in the inside of the truck, dont wanna pay out for them and then find they wont stick!

Also like the idea of being to remove the writing as i use the vehicle for thinsg other than work.

The magnets are powerful, way over the national speed limit and they don't budge. How well they will work through aluminium is another matter.

Whilst on magnetic signs... any idea of how powerful the magnet is? Was looking into getting writing on the sides of my 110 hardtop but its aluminium so would need a steel plate in the inside of the truck, dont wanna pay out for them and then find they wont stick!

Also like the idea of being to remove the writing as i use the vehicle for thinsg other than work.

I'm the same in that i use my van to do other sorts of work(loft/garage clearance etc...)& sometimes don't wnat it sign written. The magnetic ones don't move at the max speed limit(as has been said), i found them to be good value, & when parked in a clients grounds, i have taken one off stuck it on a piece of sheet metal & put it outside as an advertisement, duel purpose !.

Rob