The Mower Bench

GardenKit

Hi Barrie, what polish do you use for cleaning mower plastics up please?

Regards

Tony

I use a product from Autoday called Liquid Gold. It contains just a little 'cut' so does a good job of cleaning as well as leaving a good lustre. Stubborn marks are removed firstly with a cutting polish followed by Liquid Gold.

I use a silicone called ReTyre, also from Autoday for tyres and textured plastics. Brings up a lovely shine especially if left overnight to soak in before buffing off.

Sorry Barrie, I missed your response to my Viking post - I didn't check the blade/crank - I'll get back to him to check them out. A new manifold & welded plate got the machine running again & I'd nipped up the three mountings - it seemed to run reasonably smoothly when done, so fingers crossed!

My mate is the antithesis of mechanically sympathetic, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's been levelling hardcore with the mower - you should see the state of some of the winches he's asked me to repair! He's a knackerman by trade & the winches always seem to fail on hot summer days with the truck full of fermenting cattle. I don't think he'd ever get a commercial repair done - put it like this - most people (me included) wouldn't do the job for normal money. The things you do for mates...

I've got a hrd 536 with a drive problem (shocker). Took roller off, stripped gearbox and couldn't see any problems, so I changed the position of the arm on the top a few notches so it engages harder. Now the roller will engage when in low revs, but not in high revs, but if you start in low revs, engage the drive then put it in high drive it works. Any idea?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Are used Honda HRX mowers with drive faults DIY repairable on a budget?.... confident I have the skills to do the repairs myself but I'm wondering about the cost of replacement parts....

cheers, steve