What additions would you like to see on Arbtalk

Steve Bullman

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So aside from the niggles...what features/services would you like to see.

If I was to create a section for arb videos for people to post their work videos, with specific categories so people could instantly reference a video based on a technique etc, would people be inclined to post their videos to such a feature or would they prefer to just post in a thread as per the current method

Hi Mr B, I think a more dedicated vid thread is a great idea. From my perspective though, I'd be happier if it was a members only thing. I work for a company. Whilst my boss is happy for me to video work (he gets a copy of anything I film for advertising) I'm not sure how comfortable he'd be with his company's work being published openly, without me having to check with him for each clip. Would this be possible? No big deal if it's impractical.

Also a request section on the video thread could be handy, I.e. Somebody requests: "how do I back up my lanyard whilst spiking a stem?"

And another person agrees to film a clip next time they're doing it.

Or am I clutching at straws?

Hi Mr B, I think a more dedicated vid thread is a great idea. From my perspective though, I'd be happier if it was a members only thing. I work for a company. Whilst my boss is happy for me to video work (he gets a copy of anything I film for advertising) I'm not sure how comfortable he'd be with his company's work being published openly, without me having to check with him for each clip. Would this be possible? No big deal if it's impractical.

Also a request section on the video thread could be handy, I.e. Somebody requests: "how do I back up my lanyard whilst spiking a stem?"

And another person agrees to film a clip next time they're doing it.

Or am I clutching at straws?

All good feedback mate. I like the idea of a request feature

making the videos member only isn't so practical...I wouldnt host the videos on arbtalk, too expensive....they would be hosted on youtube or another bideo hosting site, then shared here. So it would be based on whatever privacy settings you set on youtube

Just for the record, I have just banned TSE.

All thought this site is the brain child & property of Mr Bullman, there are many of us that take this type of posting as a direct insult to the contributing members of Arbtalk.

There is no room for those members who really only want to toss spanners.

If its an attack on the forum, maybe it is subject to the powers that be, but when a single contributor is persistently trolled by another member? I think not so much.:sneaky2:

I received a ban from another forum once for far less, if the quote above is true, then its a new direction that is long overdue IMO

All good feedback mate. I like the idea of a request feature

making the videos member only isn't so practical...I wouldnt host the videos on arbtalk, too expensive....they would be hosted on youtube or another bideo hosting site, then shared here. So it would be based on whatever privacy settings you set on youtube

That's fair enough :) it's not really a big issue for me. I just don't want to be unable to contribute videos of my (albeit comparatively mediocre) work because of ownership disputes.

Tbh as long as I don't take the mick with my boss I think he'd be alright.

That's fair enough :) it's not really a big issue for me. I just don't want to be unable to contribute videos of my (albeit comparatively mediocre) work because of ownership disputes.

Tbh as long as I don't take the mick with my boss I think he'd be alright.

I'm sure if you concentrate the video on the job in hand and make every effort not to capture work mates, sign written equipment, or clients properties, there shouldn't be much of an issue :001_smile: