What additions would you like to see on Arbtalk

Steve Bullman

OK, now spotted the link. I look in that column for forum sponsors, but across the top on the yellow buttons for forum-related content. I think this is why I didn't notice it before - it just wasn't where I was expecting.

This is purely a personal view, but to me Arbtrader is far more complicated than it needs to be. There are currently 8 main categories and eight subcategories, to handle 38 adverts. I can't comment on whether that is an increase or decrease in volume over the pre-Arbtrader days (as I wasn't on long under the old for sale/wanted system and can't remember the volume) but if it is the anticipated volume it could be slimmed right down into a simple list, or just stick the main categories down a side bar to the left? Having got round to looking properly, the content is actually there but it's so far down the page I haven't noticed it before. I compared it with Gumtree, and I think it's that the top much more compact (partly due to the categories being in a side bar) so you are straight into the adverts.

A suggestion would be to keep the strip of buttons across the top but squash the top up a bit to make it fairly narrow, then categories down the LHS and featured adverts in a narrower scrolling banner, then straight into adverts in date order (as currently). I reckon you would then see the first three or so adverts straight on the page and it would be more apparent what's there?

Alec

The featured adverts at the top are paid listings..i'm not going to reduce the size of them just so people don't have to scroll so far the free listings. I really don't think its an issue anyway to be honest...you just said yourself 'having got round to looking properly'...so basically the content was always there, you just hadn't really looked at it properly.

Oh, all the adverts are already in date order by the way

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A confessional section, multi-denominational, open to all.

Somewhere we can confess to incorrect use of spikes, tipping saw fuel tanks onto lawns or over running our trucks over weight.

Oh, hang on, we already all confess to that last one!

Ty:laugh1:

No good for me mate, I never admit to anything. And surely the 3.5ton designation means that it can carry 3.5 ton:lol: (with the arb exemption cert)

Possibly a way for threadstarters to rate replies on helpfulness: the way that happens on Amazon. Then the level of membership (senior, junior, etc) could be assigned based on this rating rather than on number of posts.

Already working on this, the latter part of the post I hadn't considered though. Good idea

can you include a search thingy that as a new thread is submitted, as you type in your title of your thread it comes up with results of previous threads to reduce threads being repeated over and over etc if anyone understands me?

like google search bar or you tube as you type, it gives you examples of things already on there and could direct you to them first?

can you include a search thingy that as a new thread is submitted, as you type in your title of your thread it comes up with results of previous threads to reduce threads being repeated over and over etc if anyone understands me?

like google search bar or you tube as you type, it gives you examples of things already on there and could direct you to them first?

yep this is already going to be included