What additions would you like to see on Arbtalk

Steve Bullman

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know if its been mentioned before, when looking at a list of posts could it be set so that it opens in a new window/tab? Would save having to go back to main listings.

Depending upon your browser you just hold down a key when clicking. On Firefox on Mac I hold down the command key to open a link in a new tab.

Check the help section in your browser.

How about a calendar for events throughout the year such as shows, tree climbing comps, pole climbing and other topics like fungi meets and rec climbing. So if someone is having and event in a thread it gets posted to the calendar? Or does that seem more complicated than its worth? Cheers

Not complicated, but I do wonder if it would get used. Arbtalk actually has one...used to have a link at the top but as no one used it anyway I removed the link to make space.

Perhaps a nicer looking events calendar would be used more

Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists - Calendar

Is there a way to improve the search function?

Sometimes the search words I need to search for are too short but pretty essential.

Can't think of a decent example but say " husky 346 vs husky 550 bar size" searches just for "husky, size"

Searching through google is more effective sometimes but more hassle as well.