What additions would you like to see on Arbtalk

Steve Bullman

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if you concentrate the video on the job in hand and make every effort not to capture work mates, sign written equipment, or clients properties, there shouldn't be much of an issue :001_smile:

Haha difficult not to capture colleagues and properties if your filming from above! Unless people want to watch a nice vid of the weather to the tune of chainsaws!

If I edit out the blue talk and cock ups then I see no reason why my employer would object to me sharing a seemingly well executed and professional job :P

I dont know if its been said but I'm struggling to find some subbies down in the midlands but I'm sure there is a load of members who are in that area but maybe like myself havent been on here for a while, would it be possible/useful to list counties/areas in the country where subbies could list themselves with a short description of their experience tickets etc and contact details and maybe even add a bit where people could give the lads recommendations etc. Im guilty of not coming on here for a long time and using it when I need advice and stuff but I literally wouldnt know where eelse to look. Im finding it a little frustrating at the moment I have work for lads and I bet there is a few good lads in the area looking for work

I dont know if its been said but I'm struggling to find some subbies down in the midlands but I'm sure there is a load of members who are in that area but maybe like myself havent been on here for a while, would it be possible/useful to list counties/areas in the country where subbies could list themselves with a short description of their experience tickets etc and contact details and maybe even add a bit where people could give the lads recommendations etc. Im guilty of not coming on here for a long time and using it when I need advice and stuff but I literally wouldnt know where eelse to look. Im finding it a little frustrating at the moment I have work for lads and I bet there is a few good lads in the area looking for work

theres only so much i can do mate. I made listings free in the arborist directory, and still can't get the masses to sign up

I second that.

I am sure that those of us who try to advise, on whatever subject, are not looking for any praise, but sometimes you wonder if any one has benefited.

And then you wonder "why bother?"

Every day is a school day in this job, and I have had the pleasure of 99% great advice on arbtalk by the members and some of the site sponsors so cheers guys and thanks for bothering to answer some of our dumb questions

My bad I havent looked there mate I've looked in the employment forum and advertised. I think the way times are at the moment and employers worrying about taking people on full time subbies can really do well if they put themselves out there :)

I agree, i've been saying that for a few years now. If you can offer a reliable service and justify your fees, then it makes a whole lot of sense for an employer to use a decent subby minus the liabilities of having staff on the books