post knockers

Philip jones

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shunting? I had to shunt with the old banger type knocker anyway, yes, forward and reverse may take a fraction longer, but with power quad that isn't a big deal, with a profi supreme on your own you are in and out the cab anyway. As for a pro fencer, I can't justify one to be honest, too many other commitments with a house and young family on the way. The quickfencer however is affordable and strong, and simple, it will be available locally to hire also, it will stand up to that. If I put a pro fencer on hire some clown would buckle a ram etc, all well and good invoicing for it, but the downtime a muck up would create would be considerable. At £1.80 a meter a pro fencer has to spool out a fair bit before its in profit to be honest, when I could get 3 quickfencers and all the gadgets for the same dish, have two on hire and use one with similar results. No doubt the pro fencer is the best tool for the job, but at £6k I'd want to see it going 6 days a week all year, which I do not have that volume of work, nowhere near that!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Fair enough comments, I want to avoid employing somebody as I have a strong aversion to admin and paperwork. I generally try to work with my wife on the tractor knocking the posts in. Its a much more efficient way for me. The rest I can do solo if I need to. Hence the shunting and getting in and out the cab for me is a time waster. As you say the bryce was a serious upgrade/performance enhancer from previous, I just keep trying to progress as its a competitive market with expensive gear needed.

I have my own DIY net spinner which fixes to the bryce, which for us makes a quickfencer not much of an upgrade.

I don't employ anyone either, the wife is a teacher so can't come to help. You'd be surprised how much I can get through in a good day on my own. I'm in profit with the HD2, 12 k for a profi supreme and 6k for a pro fencer, £1700 for a front linkage plus any other extras takes a lot more paying for when as a general agricultural contractor I have other enterprises to finance and operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk