post knockers

Philip jones

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which vector do you have in mind? The trouble with them is they are side mounted, so depending what sort of terrain you work on some strainers are going to be difficult to get to.

I have a Wrag with an extending beam and rock spike. To be honest there isn't much it can't put in to the ground. Vectors and Bryce sumas are both very well built but for me they are just too limited in their work positioning. Now if they did a swing round model.....!

I think its the max supreme. 400kg weight with quadshift and adaptercap for 6x3 post n rail posts. Yes most places for strainers except narrow angled corners. Have one to knock in a pond this year with a tree on the bank in the way. Could use a left side mast in this instance.

Sometimes you have to think about the posts around the strainers, because its easier to get the tractor backed up from the other approach if that makes sense.

If I had a 5mile fence to do I'd invite you on a paid holiday for a play. But we probably only use the knocker 10% of or working time when fencing.

Philip Jones Hope you are learning from our derail:001_rolleyes:

Answer to original question. Never used a wrag but had a parmiter previously. A bryce is a true contracting machine designed for all day use, whereas a machine that is a 5th of the price, would make you ache with daily use. :thumbup1:

Good info cheers. I quite like the idea of the forest supreme knockers Bryce do, purely for doing strainers and gate posts. Job I'm on at the moment I used my wrag for all the strainers (about 70 of them) then used my digger mounted knocker for doing all the little stakes. Can do about 600 meters worth of posts on my own in a day in this fashion. Without turning this into a willy comparing competition I'd be interested to know how many stakes you can achieve per hour with the Bryce? I do about 30 an hour with my tractor, 50 with my digger knocker. Average going. Considerably less if its a real awkward fence line.

Yes sorry OP, totally derailed your thread, I always get over excited with anything to do with fencing tackle!

That's good going Matthew, I would recon on doing around 400 metres of knocking a day on my own with the wrag on the tracked dumper. That's 6ft posts every 2 metres and doing box struts t the ends and diagonal struts on the turners. Can manage a lot less though if its awkward or hard! I can swap my weight from a 2-300kg but I always use the 200, as you get a bit more height under the weight and usually stop fencing in the summer also its less wear on the machine and keeps it more balanced. Everyone goes mad about these massive weights but I would sooner have a rockspike, I use mine all the time as i fence on a lot a chalk and flint and all a bigger weight would do is smash the posts. I would look at a protech when I change the wrag, a Bryce or vector would be too heavy for my 3t tracked dumper, I like the idea of the telemast. kinghitter in my opinion are as good as the Bryce or vector but the height of the mast can be a bit of a ballache!