Tighten your nuts

Kenty

While driving down the M2 in Kent this morning on my way to work, I was behind another arborist & without warning one of the wheels on their chipper came flying off along with the mud guard, narrowly missing my truck. There was no signs that the wheel was loose prior to it coming off. Check your nuts regularly as could have been a nasty collision. If you are a member on here I hope your chipper is ok.

Slightly off topic

I used to have a girlfriend who I nicknamed Spanner eyes, every time she gave me 'that' looks my nuts would tighten!:laugh1:

Jamie, that is totally off topic. :biggrin:

Meanwhile, in the Jokes thread, some one is derailing it by posting this.....

597667fbcda5c_SpannerEyes.jpg.6fee55cd30052f5a5a7638bea0ed1296.jpg

:001_tt2:

:blushing: Not that I ment loosing a wheel is funny.

nor that Timberwolf bearings are a joke :blushing:

God, now I worry I have upset everybody :sneaky2:

Edited by Mat

While driving down the M2 in Kent this morning on my way to work, I was behind another arborist & without warning one of the wheels on their chipper came flying off along with the mud guard, narrowly missing my truck. There was no signs that the wheel was loose prior to it coming off. Check your nuts regularly as could have been a nasty collision. If you are a member on here I hope your chipper is ok.

thats mad!

This happened to us today! Would upload the picture but im sure you can all imagine a chipper without a wheel lol

Not in kent tho but near maldon way... No damage, wheel recovered a mile away from where we was when we heard it over the old scool tunes on radio... Lesson learnt, we check ours regular and cant work out how they came loose, none were sheered.... We thinking some git undone them while on site...

Had this happen when I picked up a mini digger with trailer from Exeter. Had just come off a massive hill and got onto the M5 I think, next thing I know is the vans jack kniefed, me and my mate were looking at central reservation while moving still moving in the direction of traffic. Some how wrestled it to side of the road, bit in shock trying to figure out what happened, dropped prop? lost drive? engine cut out? Got out and almost in a comical way the wheel from the wheel rolled up and fell over almost at my feet. All four bolts had come loose, doh, called the guy up as he was only 20 mins away. He came down, was really upset, hes Dad had used the trailer the day before to get the new digger that replaced the one I bought.

Lucky escape by all really, so please guys, check your nuts at every chance

Good post Kenty

gonna check mine tomorrow (cant hurt can it) :thumbup: