Mitsubshi Canter Diesel problem?

bolla

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for replys

I thought the truck had sorted itself out but has started going into safe mode alot about 4 times in the last 20 miles.

I have had a look for anything obvious like bad connections on electrics did not find anything,

Cant see any breather from the fuel tank would it be in the cap?

A friend plugged in a diagonstic and he seems to think the reading on the fuel injectors was wrong they were reading 1 and 2% on tick over he seemed to think they should be on 0 or minus when the truck is ticking over.

He managed to switch of the amber light but I think it will come back on next time the truck goes into safe mode.

I think the truck will have to go to the diesel mechanic for a through check.

I got a price from Mitsubshi for injectors £313 + vat each so am hoping its something else.

Is it likely a decent diesel mechanic would be able to find the problem or is there alot of change this pay the bill and go back a week later with the same problem only to change another expensive part.

The fuel gauge is reading a bit less then half a tank, its only gone into safe mode on half a tank or less is this just coincidence ?

Is it likely that injectors would need replacing on a truck thats only done 33000 miles (they are mainly intown miles alot of stop start)

Thanks

Did you change all the injectors and did you use Mitsubishi injectors?

What was the cost?

Thanks

We only change one injector. At the time but month later we back having the rest done , sorry about in delay replying

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 2 weeks later...
Did you change all the injectors and did you use Mitsubishi injectors?

What was the cost?

Thanks

if you could go without the truck for a few days get the injectors re furbished with new parts then they will be as good as new prob for less than new

or just get a set from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubishi-Canter-2-8-TD-4m40-NEW-INJECTORS-SET-OF-4-/281264640986?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item417cadd3da

Edited by niftysteve

I have watched this thread with interest as I know two people who have had similar problems with their canters.

Both ended up costing over well £1000 to sort out.

All the things mentioned in this thread were checked or changed and also something else that not been mentioned is a fuel delivery chip in the ecu that needed updating.

Just something else to consider. hope you get it sorted.

problems like this can be a nightmare to sort out.