What do I need?

carver

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling moving larger pieces of wood around and loading them on to the processor. considering a small fork lift but terrain is a bit rough. Something with a small timber grab on it would be ideal. Anyone got any suggestion/solutions? Any help appreciated.:blush:

Hi guys,

I'm really struggling moving larger pieces of wood around and loading them on to the processor. considering a small fork lift but terrain is a bit rough. Something with a small timber grab on it would be ideal. Anyone got any suggestion/solutions? Any help appreciated.:blush:

my 3 point linkage crane, it is set up to take linkage machines on the other side of the tractor linkage, you could self load the processor.:cool1:

5976541588ab4_moghiab010.jpg.f1ecd668e8f015f640c4cc346fe6dec9.jpg

597654158467a_moghiab008.jpg.98fdf1684c346e7b76622fbe5294a8df.jpg

Hi guys,

would making a feed table out of rsj,s be any good? makes sure there no wider than 3 ft apart, this means you can cut the larger bits up...

these are some of the bits that wont go through the palax70 processor cut them into rounds then drop them in the processor. takes alittle time but we always manage

DSC00405.jpg.5bd4f708e3ee0de18a5c5ac6c1a6e04c.jpg

Edited by log supplier

3k plus vat and its all yours mate, i will even deliver it free of charge:001_cool:

What sort of terms does "SWB ltd., supplier of plant and machinery to arbtalkers" offer for finance mate. Theres some pretty good cider down my way...:001_tongue:

You could use a mini digger with a thumb attached. You can buy them for easy money at the moment cos the building trade is on it's arse.

I find mine invaluable, it can pull small trees and conifers by the root, it's a saw horse, stacks the lorry, cleans up the brush and stacks the branches etc.

I even use it to power my logsplitter lol, i like to get my moneys worth !!

27042009164.jpg.a0caacc1a43ef0609a6e6e9d85118a29.jpg

Image(138).jpg.0ed1bc58e7adddb5fdb83d52c7890964.jpg

05042009145.jpg.33aad7929ef4ab42cd26e7644a3287ca.jpg

15022009107.jpg.eca8485b375caf60816cd42054753a41.jpg

27042009166.jpg.3ae706cc1c2833aad884bd6c5caed5a2.jpg

Image(139).jpg.7715503859819e2eb0603b2a0799edb9.jpg

You could use a mini digger with a thumb attached. You can buy them for easy money at the moment cos the building trade is on it's arse.

I find mine invaluable, it can pull small trees and conifers by the root, it's a saw horse, stacks the lorry, cleans up the brush and stacks the branches etc.

I even use it to power my logsplitter lol, i like to get my moneys worth !!

That looks the business m8. Any idea what sort of price I might be looking at?

Had a quick look around but it seems the grab would probably need to be added on. Most just have a bucket understandably :001_smile:

• 2 weeks later...
you can pick up a decent 3 ton digger for 5-6 grand. I made the grab myself as i served my time as a welder, but you can buy them ready made to suit, and all you have to do is have someone spend an hour welding it to the digger.

Going to pick up an old 3 ton digger next week! Thanks for the idea m8 :001_smile: