Piccadilly tree work

Stuart Witt

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felt your pain with the ivy Stuart, but great cutting with that doggy little saw!

I'm guessing the size of the trees over there doesn't warrant much popping down for a quick brew.

I too would be keen to know about an average working day. Reg seems to pull some mad shifts.

Looked a nice day for it.

Yeah she is gutless i going to buy a ported exhaust for my ms200 and use that instead with a 14" bar thats a better solution short term.

Reg is mad:001_tt2: and yes i can share some of those moments he has on the poorly bidded jobs that flog the tits off you mentally.. normal day is 9hrs and your average varies, and there can be allot of driving some days

Another derail, any tips on where to look for tree work jobs in BC, ideally the island? Heading out in March.

Bartlets and Davey are always hiring at Victoria and Nanaimo on the island. Other than that its pretty cut-throat. You'll get something from spring onwards I'd think. Way more options on the mainland though. In hindsight I should have set up there.

Thanks Reg, I have looked at both Bartletts and Davey, I just seem to get on better with the smaller firms. I contract climb here, but I think a steady job out there will be the way forward. How does the industry fluctuate through the year? I did live in Van for a few months a few years ago and liked it but I just really fancy the island.

Cheers for the help.

Bartlets and Davey are always hiring at Victoria and Nanaimo on the island. Other than that its pretty cut-throat. You'll get something from spring onwards I'd think. Way more options on the mainland though. In hindsight I should have set up there.

Reg is true about them always hiring, this is a defiantly and avenue to explore.

The small firms rarely advertise for jobs and if they do! you'll have to move fast or it'll be gone.

Cut throat? yes winter is quiet on the work side, but i have kept busy.

ask yourself this. do you want a guarantee that you have work every day and a rest easy that you will have the same income that month to the next, then your better looking at a larger firm. If you want a fun relaxed atmosphere and no politics and an up and down payslip from month to month then go small.

PM me if you need more info