Chinese chainsaws - anybody done proper reviews

ArthurBottlesworth

But where is the Chinese £300 professional chainsaw ?

Must be out there somewhere .......

It's worth remembering the Chinese factories are all brand new

That means their machine tools are all brand new

Which should mean they work well And should make quality product

Also

China is run by engineers

President and most of leaders are engineers

When president came over few months ago after london he went to the graphine lab in Manchester to look at developments - when do you think any of our cabinet ministers last went to look at engineering development labs ?

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I have been using a 365, 450 and a £69 58cc Chinese deko. Seeing this thread I thought it might be an interesting comparison between the three. The deko had worn out its rubbish bar and chain it came with, so as it uses a husky small mount bar, I cut with the 450 then the Chinese saw using the same bar and chain.

Times to cut the same amount of softwood were

365. 15inch bar 20 secs

Deko 18inch bar 25 secs

450 same 18 bar 30 secs

Vibrations were noticibly higher on the deko, 365 next and silky smooth on the 450. Deko feels flimsy and much lighter in comparison to the 365 but has been easy to start and reliable straight out of the box unlike the 365. The Deko has an adjustable oiler, a chain tensioning slotted screw which is quite soft so I will replace with an Allen bolt at some point. Definitely not a pro saw but if my experience is representative then for occasional use with a sympathetic user its worth

a punt.

All saws used 50.1 mix and were hot before the test.

Edited by cornish wood burner
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...

we have Stihl saws, we don't do lots a saw work, but we do grounds , garden maintenance, commercial and residential , we have a Chinese saw as a second user saw for light process work, snedding, logging , get rid of the cheap bar and chain,  i don't trust cheap running gear, but pop a  good bar and chain on,  if it spins good , chain break good,  job done, but its not a Stihl or husky or similar , but its a quarter price, safety is the key, make it safe and you have a useful tool.

• Like 1