Which oil

PC tree

does not have Ethanol added, except in the South West of England.

Except in the South West of England (Devon & Cornwall)

Except in the North West and South East of England.

[/i][/i]

You would not want to live in Devon then:biggrin:

H-A

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a bit of googling and found this. it may of course be out of date as it was dated 2011, but does give a little insight into Ethanol in fuel, and local variations.

BP Ethanol is added at 5% to unleaded petrol at all sites across the UK. BP Ultimate (super unleaded petrol) does not have Ethanol added, except in the South West of England.

Esso Ethanol is added at 5% to unleaded petrol at most sites in the UK. Esso Super Unleaded petrol does not contain Ethanol, except in the South West of England (Devon & Cornwall)

Shell Shell has repeatedly refused to answer the question. It is therefore an assumption only, that all Shell petrol should be considered to contain 5% Ethanol.

Texaco Ethanol is added at 5% to unleaded petrol. Texaco Super Unleaded petrol does not contain Ethanol.

Total Ethanol is not added to any Total fuel (including standard unleaded petrol). Except in the North West and South East of England.

Total have kindly provided a list of filling stations where E0 petrol can still be purchased. Click this link to download the list TOTAL E0 Fuel Sites.xls

As far as the writer could gather, the only reason that the super unleaded fuels seem to be ethanol free is because it is harder to obtain the fuel quality required for super unleaded if Ethanol is present. However several of the oil companies told me that this will change in the future but that no date has been set.

Thanks Garden for your research . I don't want any ethanol but hey ho here it comes ! . In the U.S. where ethanol is at a higher percentage they are having a lot of small engines clapping out ...

How do you sell aspen? what price is it?

Sent from my iPod touch using Arbtalk mobile app

I Chainsaw will,

Aspen is sold in:

1 litre bottle (to try it or for camping stoves)

5 litre can (most common size sold)

200 litre drum (please add the cost of a pump and the extra handling)

All the above sizes are for Aspen2 (pre mixed stroke fuel) or Aspen4 (unleaded replacement fuel for 4stroke engines and camping stoves).

If you use Aspen fuel, fuel related breakdowns will become a thing of the past and all your kit will run better. Plus you will feel better as Aspen is 99% cleaner than pumps and is not TOXIC.

Please see our dealer map for your nearest dealer and contact them for a price on the size container and the quantity you would like.

Kind regards

Eddie