Benefit street !!!

Mr Oz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an interesting program, in that it provides some insight into a life most of us will be lucky enough never to have to experience.

Years ago we did a local authority adoption course, a lot of the course was designed to get people to empathize with the parents whose children they might be adopting, it was a real eye opener. We looked at many real life case studies, most of which were typical "middle class" families that had broken down to such a state the children were not being cared for properly, for one reason or another. In every case it was impossible to blame the parents, the circumstances could quite easily have happened to anyone.

Course the cases were cherry picked, so as to encourage adopters to allow some form of contact (at least birthday cards/photos etc.) no doubt there are many cases where the parents could be blamed, but after the 3 day course all of the attendees said something similar to "there but for the grace of god go I" etc.

Regarding the program, I would not want to walk in any of their shoes.

The program is sensationalist, propagandist, designed to further divide society IMO. Because if society were ever able to become united, those at the top who really do screw the system for all it's worth, wouldn't last 5 minutes.

Couldn't agree more about "those at the top"

The country is being systematically screwed ......hard

I'm starting to get really angry when I look at war memorials --- all those poor kids being sent abroad to die horribly for nothing...... I understand WW2 but WW1?

Whole classroom of kids in our village.....

I'd like someone to explain to me:-

1) how party politics helps democracy ?

2) why are we paying for Royal Family ? Is it a ' back up system' for when party politics has screwed democracy ?

3) why have we got second largest government in the world (china is bigger)

I'll settle for that today .........

I'd like someone to explain to me:-

1) how party politics helps democracy ?

2) why are we paying for Royal Family ? Is it a ' back up system' for when party politics has screwed democracy ?

3) why have we got second largest government in the world (china is bigger)

I'll settle for that today .........

2) We're not, they're paying for themselves in net terms. A republic is not as rosy as you'd like to think :sneaky2:

They bring in tons more than they cost the taxpaper. Not what reblicans love to hear or they want anyone else to hear for that matter.

TCD with you 100% on this one, I read once that when queenie etc go on their so called jollies abroad they take with them delegates from various british firms to drum up business, this alone generates millions for our economy. don't know or care if that statements true, im british and proud of it and the royal family is a massive part of being british