Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Yep opened the baby right up, that nothing to do with keeping ring in check mate

Does the piston ring impinge upon the intake port on the model you have? If it does, and you've removed the overhang, make sure to bevel that port. It is not only to keep the ring in check, but also to keep the ring well lubricated.

It has a limited coil but you can feather it up to 13,900 and it juuussssttttt goes loopy at the very end so low 14000 - it may take more but like to build in a little safety! Check the plug colour after a good bash with it - coffee colour is good!

Lucky I found the leaking seal - would have been toast very shortly!

Spot on:thumbup: I knew something wasn't right when I got it, I'm glad I got it checked because it would of not lasted long:thumbdown:

Does the piston ring impinge upon the intake port on the model you have? If it does, and you've removed the overhang, make sure to bevel that port. It is not only to keep the ring in check, but also to keep the ring well lubricated.

No doesnt impinge, port has been beveled, it has nothing to do with lubicating the ring oils in fuel mate it goes everywhere the fuel goes that tiny piece of metal is not gonna oil the ring anymore than any other part of the bore, compression ring doesnt touch it, thats still lubricated

No doesnt impinge, port has been beveled, it has nothing to do with lubicating the ring oils in fuel mate it goes everywhere the fuel goes that tiny piece of metal is not gonna oil the ring anymore than any other part of the bore, compression ring doesnt touch it, thats still lubricated

So long as it doesn't enter the intake port, you're golden(and the port need not be beveled at that point). I was worried it was one of the 38's that had the tonsil where the ring rode on. Without it, the ring enters the intake port, which means it may wear or get caught without a bevel. The tonsil also keeps the oil on it, if the ring enters the intake without riding the wall, it will slick the oil on the bottom of it onto the intake port floor, which you would rather it be on the cylinder walls, really. But it seems your one avoids all that. Cheers!

how do you do a muffler mod? pimping my 281 into a 288 at the moment, ive got a skip chain ready to go on,id just like a bit more grunt without going lunatic with my brand new p+p

cheers

Many methods - open up the existing outlet, drill/remove the baffle plate, drill and let in a new exit pipe and then braze, cut a hole and screw on a deflector - these are most of the methods - depends on how loud and how free you want it.

The forward facing exits with no baffle are the loudest, having the exhaust bounce off a surface before exit, cuts down on noise!

As far as the opening goes - how loud do you want it:lol: