Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

can anyone help with an 070? I bought one completely stripped in biscuit tins with a knackered piston. Bought a meteor piston kit, crank bearings and seals, gasket kit, and fuel kit. Problem is I didn't take it apart so have very little clue how it goes back together. I've rebuilt a few top ends but never a crank, and the diagram I have is quite vague when it comes to some of the smaller parts. Can anyone identify what the rubber washer is in the first picture, and where it goes? it has a bevel on the inside but only on one side.

tn_25_zpsbrhii6pe.png

Also the two metal spacer type thing in the bottom of this picture. And the cotton type washer thing. What are they and where do they go?

tn_28_zpscaxu6sei.png

I also can't find the five bolts that hold the two sides of the crank together, does anyone know the correct size/thread etc? Also if anyone has any pictures from an 070/090/1106 resto or rebuild that would really help as i'm basically trying to put a jigsaw back together without the picture.

Interesting post on my porting thread, but............

The seals are more than likely these - 9640 003 1980 2 WDR DIN3760-BS18x30x7 Oil seal 18x30x7

The rings possibly - 1106 036 9000 2 Anlaufring Check ring

Difficult to tell but probably best to see where the parts are the right diameters to the crank and fit in place on the parts list!

sorry about that spud, i'll remove the post. is it true you can convert an 070 into an 090? I got a new piston but the barrel looks spotless, i'm concerned the previous owner tried to hone it himself, but he admitted knowing nothing about engines so Ihe might have removed too much material from the barrel, if so I might up the cc.

sorry about that spud, i'll remove the post. is it true you can convert an 070 into an 090? I got a new piston but the barrel looks spotless, i'm concerned the previous owner tried to hone it himself, but he admitted knowing nothing about engines so Ihe might have removed too much material from the barrel, if so I might up the cc.

I believe it is possible with a P&C change but isn't my area of expertise. My rule of thumb is owners of old saws should be able to maintain them just because they can be a drain on time to maintain and part finding.