Rough idea of day rates for horse loggers

Dave177

I know this is a broad ended question but I have been asked by a client to provide a day rate for horse extraction. It would be small diameter material and I would imagine for a few days in a row.

Pm me if you would like to keep the info private.

Cheers

I'd of thought about £10 a tonne. Just a stab at it but feeding a horse aint cheap.

but far less repairs to do, the better timber is left growing, as tere is no need for racks etc

PS we an grow our own fuel but then it cost about 600 A year to keep a horse thats in work

Edited by NI Tree

ahhh but a logging horse is a stalwart not a fairy *wink*

think crossfit athlete vs a footballer - footballers trip over blades of grass and have to be hospitalized/

:thumbup: and i know this well as we have an eventers and hunters in the yard as well and we had no vets bills for the horses in the last year but the dogs were bad

but all i can say is the differance between bills here in ireland and those in GB are at least 2 times more and thats not just vet bills etc but feed to some extent as well

but that is due to supply and demand to some extent as ireland has the higest number of horses per head of population in Europe

Edited by NI Tree