Tractor wanted

logmanfuels

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it back!

Bet my Fordson was seized worse - was full of water after standing for 15yrs. You can rebuild the engine for £1000 or less, and gearbox prob just needs some seals!:001_smile:

It's worth £2000 in good order, it could cost nearly that to repair, then there's the cost of the down time

.... I was once advised that when your losing that you first loss is usually your best loss.....

And what's going to replace it? That's right, another second hand gamble... An old tractor is worth 2k, that's it. Far better to know that the engine in your 2k old tractor is a good one (rebuilt) than to scrap it and buy another 2k tractor.

Please don't think we're having a go. But the loss will be much more than it could have been as you sold it to a scrapyard for the bottom of the bottom money.

Edited by doobin

And what's going to replace it? That's right, another second hand gamble... An old tractor is worth 2k, that's it. Far better to know that the engine in your 2k old tractor is a good one (rebuilt) than to scrap it and buy another 2k tractor.

Please don't think we're having a go. But the loss will be much more than it could have been as you sold it to a scrapyard for the bottom of the bottom money.

Well the tractor I disposed of was an old tractor that I know the history of and like I have stated it wasn't worth throwing good money after...

...I started this thread to see if anyone could advise me if they had a tractor for sale, not really to debate weather my disposal of my old delabidated tractor was a sound economical decision.... I have enough experience with machinery and finances to know when to quit wasting money..

To refresh... I am looking for a tractor, not necessarily an old dog but most probably something with some life in it. I am flexible on budget and spend according to age and quality... in addition I am not fixed on HP, but would want something over 60 HP

I do not require a loader or any other attachments, however if someone was selling a combination which may be attractive then I will certainly consider it..

If anyone has any suggestions then please advise

once again thank you in advance...

Well this company seem to sell a considerable number of second hand tractors;gordonagri | eBay

There's always this company too;Startin Tractors

If you go to Cheffins sale near Cambridge this monday you will probably buy something. Cheffins - Farm Machinery & Plant Auctions

Farm Machinery & Plant Auctions Catalogue - Cambridge Machinery Sales

You may even see your old DB there and weep at the price it fetches:001_tt2::001_tt2:

It takes about a year of trawling to find good cheap 60HP machines that won't break at the first turn of the PTO and £2k or under is the rate for one, on the other hand £6k will get you something that will serve you for a decade or more if you care to do your homework.

codlasher

Edited by codlasher

Well this company seem to sell a considerable number of second hand tractors;gordonagri | eBay

There's always this company too;Startin Tractors

If you go to Cheffins sale near Cambridge this monday you will probably buy something. Cheffins - Farm Machinery & Plant Auctions

Farm Machinery & Plant Auctions Catalogue - Cambridge Machinery Sales

You may even see your old DB there and weep at the price it fetches:001_tt2::001_tt2:

It takes about a year of trawling to find good cheap 60HP machines that won't break at the first turn of the PTO and £2k or under is the rate for one, on the other hand £6k will get you something that will serve you for a decade or more if you care to do your homework.

codlasher

thanks for links