How many miles has your truck done?

jamesd

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Transit just went straight through its MOT , nudging 382,000 miles.No advisories :)

2.4 duratorq? Most of ours seem to have fuel pump problems by 150k but we have some still basically original between 200k and 250k.

Before I started work at the firm I thought 100k was past it and was appalled when I was handed a little pug with 125k, since then it's had a couple of sets of tyres, a clutch, an indicator stalk cluster and a used rear axle plus bits and pieces like pads, shoes and belts.

I couldn't resist taking this on the last day of June:

300k.jpg.4e68c16df3a69c28e479b2f0144e6d66.jpg

It's still the most economical vehicle on the firm returning 65-70MPG with all my clutter in it, 70% motorway driving.

It's still the most economical vehicle on the firm returning 65-70MPG with all my clutter in it, 70% motorway driving.

Some of those little vans are amazing for mpg. I saw the fiesta sport van gets 78mpg on the motorway and has cruise control. Providing you don't have masses of kit it would be a great run around.

Some of those little vans are amazing for mpg. I saw the fiesta sport van gets 78mpg on the motorway and has cruise control. Providing you don't have masses of kit it would be a great run around.

They have the same 1.4 engine I think but the protocol from ECU differs.

My daughter has a fiesta eco and we got near to 80mpg on a trip to north Wales last month.

I've just had an engine changed in a pug 206 and it seems to be coded to the ecu as it fires once then no more so I'm looking for an independent mechanic with a bit of knowledge of the pug firmware as it's not worth main dealer prices.