362xp special

wisecobandit

Anyone ever had much to do with them? I know they aren't that common etc prob due to being the smallest of the range and also against the 372...

Until today ive never taken much notice of them but never realised they where in the xp range. Already got a 365 special and 372 xp which are basically the same except the top end but the 362 appears to be possibly open ported and some where made to use the smaller bar fitting as per the 346-357 range saws.

Seems strange to have an open ported 362xp yet the 365 closed port (special non-XP) wouldn't lose to it if they went head to head. Weight difference is likely to be within oz's of each other.

When you compare it to the 346xp v 350 or 357xp v 359 etc...

Bought one today but not got my grubby mitts on it yet.. Who knows what may happen tho as ive got a oe ported 365 top end sitting on the shelf and a 75cc kit next to it, and a ported muffler and now thinking about if ive got a short bar that may fit.... :001_rolleyes:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi wisecobandit

you wont be disappointed in it i have one that runs a 20 inch 3/8th chain on it and is quite owesome mine is 2004 model and apart from changing plug once a year and general maintence on as never missed a beat and starts every second or third pull

have thought of trying it on a 15inch bar to see what it does but have not done it yet

hope that helps albert

So far so good then. Sounds like your all happy with them. Can you confirm if they are large or small mount? It appears the newer 05> with newer style caps are large mount bars but older cap styles with the hex for the scrench can possibly be small bar mount?

Ive yet to get the saw in my hands but mines def got the older caps.

I only got a 20" on my 372 75cc big bore/ported etc 372 and 16" on the played with 357 so contemplating a 13" if its a smaller mount saw and using it just as a plaything/semi hotsaw

Wiseco, you're a jammy sod! The bar mounts are the difference, otherwise those top ends will slot happily, so you'll have a 13" bar on a 75cc saw!

Or you could order the stihl 3/8p rim, drop the bar to 12".

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Eddy, I couldn't help myself when I saw xp and special on the same label on the starter cover lol.

My saw collection seems to be changing from stihl to husky! It looks tidy but until ive got it I cant tell if it was a bargain or not but it looks tidy. Was bought on a whim seeing a photo...

3/8 lp picco? If it is I can get full chisel stihl chain.

Thanks Boy English the info ive heard is seeming to match then. The earlier saws 2000-2005 appear to be small mount and 2006/2007 saws appear to be large mount.

The 365 specials are all large mounts.

Edited by wisecobandit