Emergency Callout Charge (again)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My mistake. I didn't realise "I'd had a few" means you are sober.

Probably a regional thing then.

I didn't say you were driving. My interpretation of "a few" is three or more. Three pints put you over the limit for driving. Caught driving at that limit and you get done for drunk driving.

Three pints and you are drunk as far as the law and driving are concerned.

If you want to impress the folk at the manor don't turn up smelling of drink or with a hangover.

This is good advice, as is not using a saw after drinking. If you want to do otherwise you crack on, just be careful. I wouldn't want to hear you had hurt yourself.

I greatly appreciate the advice, dont get me wrong! And yes, your interpretation was correct but there is a big difference between having a few which might make you merry, and being drunk. A person can be charged for drink driving even if theyve had 2 pints depending on your tollerance and other factors yet that wouldnt make them drunk. Thats why its called drink driving, not drunk driving.

Oxford Dictionary for drunk...

adjective

[predic.]

affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one’s faculties or behaviour:

I impressed them by turning up at such short notice, clearing the drive and explaining that I would be back first thing in the morning to finish off. They knew the score.

I didnt say i was drunk, I said i'd had a few. Massive difference.

100 metres from my driveway to the track that leads to the manor. Criminal.

Yes. Criminal. A few beers is more than a couple. And you can kill somebody on 1 metre of road, let alone 100m or 100km.

I think you knowingly posted that scenario with the intention of sparking this debate, or if not you should know better. So don't get indignant and act the injured party when the replies aren't what you expected.

Bit like saying "I hit this bloke with my landy, can anyone help me with where to get a new bumper?"

Yes. Criminal. A few beers is more than a couple. And you can kill somebody on 1 metre of road, let alone 100m or 100km.

I think you knowingly posted that scenario with the intention of sparking this debate, or if not you should know better. So don't get indignant and act the injured party when the replies aren't what you expected.

Bit like saying "I hit this bloke with my landy, can anyone help me with where to get a new bumper?"

Thats why i said a few not two! Maybe i wasnt specific enough for you, I live out in the arse end of knowhere down a dead quite country lane, the most i would have killed is a little bunny which i run over all the time anyway to feed to the dog.

To say that i intended to spark this debate is completely absurd! I asked a simple question and as i explained to steve, thought id set the scence and make it a bit more interesting for anyone who was kind enough to give me some advice. If id known it was going to cause this much polava i really wouldnt have bothered. Ive got much better things to do with my time than sit on my arse kicking off debates about whatever you think im doing, that would just be sad, hence why i only come on here to get advice. Im not the one trolling through peoples posts adding unneeded spiteful comments remember.

Yes, possibly slightly indignant as im a grown man and dont need to be lectured on the laws of the land or whats right and wrong but acting the injured party?! Whats that all about then? Ive taken the time to thank the people who advised me, put others in their place for any unkind remarks and explained the situation better to anyone who has speculated otherwise.

'I hit this bloke with my landy, can anyone help me with where to get a new bumper?

Im not even going to comment on this - i actually laughed out loud, how is this even comparable.. Theres no question mark there as its rhetorical, i dont even care.

Why am i even justifying myself to you