Emergency Callout Charge (again)

Am I totally under estimating jobs here? £400 for a 45 minute job?? Is that not a bit steep...I would charge £250 for that call out, but my guidelines would be that price is to come to site, make the tree safe and waste would be left on site...you then give a price if they want the job cleaned up and if you have to go back the following day...then you charge what ever you normally do eg day rate, half say, hourly rate....

Am I totally off the mark?

The way this thread is going please be gentle with me 😉 👍

:thumbup1:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My mistake. I didn't realise "I'd had a few" means you are sober.

Probably a regional thing then.

I didn't say you were driving. My interpretation of "a few" is three or more. Three pints put you over the limit for driving. Caught driving at that limit and you get done for drunk driving.

Three pints and you are drunk as far as the law and driving are concerned.

If you want to impress the folk at the manor don't turn up smelling of drink or with a hangover.

This is good advice, as is not using a saw after drinking. If you want to do otherwise you crack on, just be careful. I wouldn't want to hear you had hurt yourself.

HI MATE can i just say one thing it up to if you take it on or not BUT would not of been better to put this in the member only forum as the chap from large house may see this BUT thats up to you what you do mate thanks jon

Thanks for the advice bud but i didnt realise there was such a thing. The likelihood of that is very slim but im not too fussed if they were to read this - Theyd probably be happy to see that i was doing some research on what i should charge them.

Just out of curiosity do you have a standard minimum fee for normal hours tree work. This would be my starting point. Then perhaps an out of hours premium, but I think you have to be realistic. So you normal rate for the clear up and perhaps your minimum charge plus an out of hours rate. Maybe plus 50%, because if you need staff to get involved it will have to be worth there while. Or you have an arrangement with another company do cover out of hours work.

Hey, thanks for the advice buddy. I try to steer clear of hourly rates but i do have a regular call out fee and then other random prices depending on how long the job will take/ the amount of waste to clear etc!

How are you getting on with the weather over in Ireland?!

The thing that I can never understand about these threads is that the very first thing I do when arriving at a private call out is agree the price.

I'm not cheap, but think I'm fair, I have no idea what the customers expecting it to cost, so I give them a price, they can then take it or leave it. They can't start arguing once the job is finished and they know your not just trying it on, because you gave them the choice to accept the price or not.

I agree completely too. In this situation however my missus took the call and relayed the message on to me. From what I was told, they wanted the job done there and then. I know this is obviously crying out to be a 'winner' but theyre neighbours of mine and i know them well. Im sure they were just as confident as i was in knowing that i wouldnt rip them off. Hence why i thought id ask you lot and get an idea of what an emergency callout SHOULD cost for last night and the future.

Im with you on this. I wouldn't go sticking silly high call out prices on a simple small job, if it was me and in my local village id prob just do it at normal rates might add abit extra on for getting socked and dragging me out off the warm.

:thumbup1: Too right if it was a regular local client/ neighbour but they dont usually use me and the only reason I was offered the job is because the other guy is away, so why not charge for the callout?!