Emergency Callout Charge (again)

Hey guys, I know theres a few posts on this but i really didnt find what i was looking for.

If you have time im after some advice on what i should charge for this emergency callout.

Scenario. 18.45 last night, in the pub, finished work at 4 so id had a few! Call from a large manor house in the village who had a tree down across their driveway. It was about 16 inches dbh and there was no way in or out plus the house keeper could get home. The usual tree surgeon they use is still away on leave so normally wouldnt get the job and doubt ill get repeat work unfortunately as theyve used him for years. I recruited a lad in the pub to give me a hand and was there within 15 minutes of recieving the phone call after finishing my pint and having a rolly.

We cleared the tree and all in all took about about 45 minutes before i was back in the pub getting warm and dry again (yes it was absolutely pissing it down last night) Were back again thismorning to finish clearing the tree.

So basically, im asking what you lot would charge for a 45 minute callout on a friday night in the pissing rain - plus an unexpected 3 hr job on a saturday (with a hangover ;-) ). I really need to come up with a minimum callout charge for this type of thing as its happened a few times over christmas.

Sorry for the rambling, must still be a bit tanked.. Many thanks and have a goodn!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should that matter?you gharge accordingly and a fair price for the job to be done. end of.Being cheap is't a good way to go. The word get's around quickly and the public are more sensitive about anything that's cheap. £400 minium for a cal lout and 2 men.who would gharge less?

I wouldn't use a chainsaw if I was drunk. Nor would I employ someone who was.

I am of course assuming you didn't do it with a Silky.

You said you'd had a few, I take that to mean you were over the limit. Drunk driving is against the law for a good reason.

I wouldn't use a chainsaw if I was drunk. Nor would I employ someone who was.

I am of course assuming you didn't do it with a Silky.

You said you'd had a few, I take that to mean you were over the limit. Drunk driving is against the law for a good reason.

I agree

The guy didn't ask to give him a lecture about drinking and driving. He asked what he should charge for a call out. Up to him and his look out if he wants to drive and work over the limit. Why does it always have to go of subject on these posts when someone asked a simple question. Just tell him what he should be charging. I said £150 call out and £250 for the job total £400 min.

The guy didn't ask to give him a lecture about drinking and driving. He asked what he should charge for a call out. Up to him and his look out if he wants to drive and work over the limit. Why does it always have to go of subject on these posts when someone asked a simple question. Just tell him what he should be charging. I said £150 call out and £250 for the job total £400 min.

Yet for some reason unknown to me he chose to share that information in addition to asking the question about the price for the job

Then why mention it ?

You mention something in your post you open it up for debate.

I personally would not go out on call out after drinking, it's irresponsible to say the least. It also is not just about him, it's about being in a fit state of mind to protect the public, people around him and their property.

Ps. Even if a builder or any tradesman turned up at my house to do any type of job smelling of beer I,d sack him there and then

Edited by Dean Lofthouse