are there machinery grants

carpenter1

I think there are in Wales ( wood fuel wales may be able to advise) but when I had a look a year or so ago in the Midlands where I am there was not.

In a nutshell if you have a boni fide buisness, operate from a site with proper planning permission to process and sell firewood and can offer new employment opportunities then if there is money available you might stand a chance.

A

You want to keep an eye out for the farming and forestry improvement scheme which may well have a round of funding in the next few months. You will need to have a detailed business plan and accounts showing a need for increased efficiency. This grant is harder to access if your not a land owner or cant show a supply of timber or client list. There are bodies out there that can assist with this but success in the forestry sector on the last round was a very small % of the successful applications.

keep a look on this page Farming and Forestry Improvement Scheme (FFIS) and it may be worth calling the delivery team to ask about would be required as if you can get the paperwork in order for this you will be well placed for any other local schemes.

Not sure but it may be worth speaking to the people running the ward forester project as im sure they would know of any local funding available

• 6 years later...
3 hours ago, snowlady said:

Hello,My Name is Wendy.I have a small log company.

I was looking to see if there are any grants I could apply for to help me get a little bigger.

It is a minefield out there,Anyone point me in the right direction please?

Wendy

Bit more info please wendy. Which part of the uk are you and what type of machinery are you looking for.

I think there are in Wales ( wood fuel wales may be able to advise) but when I had a look a year or so ago in the Midlands where I am there was not.

In a nutshell if you have a boni fide buisness, operate from a site with proper planning permission to process and sell firewood and can offer new employment opportunities then if there is money available you might stand a chance.

A
Woodfuel Wales vanished around 5 years ago. From my experience of the last 6/7 years of trying if you are a retail business and not a farm you've got no chance. They seem to throw money at the farms around here, if you're a proper business that is looking to expand and employ people you may as well not bother asking.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, snowlady said:

Hello thanks for replying.

In the Northamptonshire area.Better tractor and so I could buy more wood,instead of small loads to split I started my little company from nothing,be nice to upgrade a few items.

Wendy.

Bounce back loan an option wendy ?? great terms